Stone Mountain Park

Stone Mountain, Georgia

Stone Mountain Park Reviews

WalterC WalterC
Laser show well worth it Jul 03, 2011
This review is for the laser show only, at Stone Mountain Park, which is outside of Atlanta. If you are wondering about the other attractions at this place, you may have to read other reviews about that.

A trip to this mountain is well-worth for the laser show alone, which is very impressive and great to watch. A show is done by laser, in the tune of various songs, telling a story.

Some of the songs that have been used over the years include: Devil Went Down to Georgia and An American Trilogy. The latter one involves the carving on the mountain, which has 3 figures of the Confederacy. They are Jefferson Davis, Robert E. Lee, and Stonewall Jackson.

One drawback is that it is basically impossible to get there without a car. And with renting a car, one has to pay a parking fee. Another will be huge crowds, as people come very early to reserve their spot in the grass, hours ahead of time.

There is one option, which is VIP seating, and costs $10. A seat is reserved in some spot, with a nice view of the show, and also includes all-you-can-eat popcorn and one drink. If you don’t want to spent time, just sitting around, then this is well worth the price. But make sure you buy ahead of time if going during the holiday weekend, because they tend to sell out in the morning. I wish I thought of it before.

In any event, if one is in Atlanta, and can find some way to get to Stone Mountain Park, then go, just for the laser show.
Stone Mountain Park
austin37335 says:
Hi Walter, congratulations on having your review featured today! :D

Related Travel Blogs About Stone Mountain Park

Stone Mountain Park and Dillard, Georgia
All of us have been here before except Theresa and Brian.  We look forward to walking up the backside of the mountain. It was a nice day today with a nice breeze. It made the walk up not so bad.…Stone Mountain Park is located about 20 miles east of Atlanta.   We left Stone
Flying Biscuit, Stone Mountian, Joe's & Shout!
We were up this morning well before the sun was! Showered and ready for a full day of TB funness, Lena & I headed out to the MARTA station near our hotel. It was a quick ride to the Candler Park …Stone Mountain Park where we would find what Georgia literature have dubbed "the world's largest piece of exposed…
Some of my favorites
For those of you visiting Atlanta, I just wanted to list a few of my favorite places to go... I'm a little biased to the Midtown area because it's closer to home and not so far of a drive, so keep t…parks; Stone Mountain- you should see stone mountain if you're in atlanta one way or another…

Check Stone Mountain Hotel Deals