Stockholm Skavsta Airport

0155-28 04 00

Stockholm Skavsta Airport Nyköping Reviews

EmyG EmyG
Skavsta Apr 06, 2016
Where do I start? Oh maybe from … Skavsta Airport is a joke.

This airport is nowhere near Stockholm. It is very far from the city center and not very convenient to commute. Skavsta is really Nykoping airport under another name.

Nykoping, now Stockholm Skavsta, is just another airport that flourished thanks to Wizzair and Ryanair's trendsetting policy of operating from small peripheral facilities to make flying cheaper (and more annoying I recon).

To get to Swedish capital from here you need to use Flygbussarna service, which isn’t the cheapest. This is Sweden - prices are very steep. Nothing is cheap here! The bus stop is a short walk from the airport doors. Buses run frequently and wait for the incoming flights which is very important. The timetable is fixed with the schedule of flights.

Skavsta is a pretty poor airport. The building, staff, services, and everything else here does not meet European standards. It lacks of almost all facilities except a restaurant, one store, ATM and toilets (very small toilets).

I found the airport to be confusing even if smallish. It is poorly signposted. The doors are made from wood and I had a feeling I’m entering a wardrobe, not an arrival hall! There is only few chairs in the main hall. Most of the seats belong to a restaurant.

The thing that shocked me the most was the security check! It exists on this airport but as well it could not. They don’t ask you to remove shoes (even if you have boots, knee high, with metal clasps), you don’t need to remove from the bag electronic devices nor liquids! The metal detector there didn’t detect any metal in my outfit and I had at least 2 metal things that always, I will repeat, a-l-w-a-y-s “shout” in Warsaw Chopin Airport. Did I feel safe after the security check? No, I didn’t. I was just hoping nobody took a bomb on board.

After the security control I had to cross the free duty store to get to the departures gates! What? I had to walk among shelves. The gate area looks just like in any other tiny airport. Small, just 4 gates as far as I remember. There is a small duty free shop and well that's about it, really. The hall is mostly empty. There is nothing apart from a few chairs. People stand for a long time waiting to board.

Of course you need to walk to the plane and from the plane. Forget about a bus.

There's free wifi but you only get half an hour.

As for now, it is the worst airport I have been to.
Ils1976 says:
yikes, this doesn't sound like being an interesting airport ... have to keep this one in the back of my mind!
Posted on: Apr 24, 2016
Caliber-A says:
ohhhh... a bit strange.
Posted on: Apr 06, 2016
EmyG says:
Exactly!
Posted on: Apr 06, 2016

Compare Nykoping Hotel Rates (10.4km away)

Nyköping Map