Stockholm City Hall

Hantverkargatan 1, Stockholm, Sweden… - +46 (0)8 508 29 058

Stockholm City Hall Reviews

davidx davidx
Blue = red but it's all magnificent Sep 05, 2010
This hall is open only for guided tours so it is worth finding out when there is a tour in the language you want. I am usually very wary of guided tours but these are light hearted, informative and at times humorous. It does need a bit of humour - how else can you cope with a wonderful hall called the 'blue hall' that is red and without a spec of blue?

The architecture of the City Hall is in the National Romantic Style tat was in vogue in the late 19th and early 20th centuries. It was completed in 1923 but it has features that do not fit the art deco style coming into use im more southerly parts of Europe. it would seem there was some borrowing from Italianate styles of a much earlier period. Whatever it is, for me it works.

A banquet is held in the red 'Blue Hall' for Nobel prize winners, following which the guests go to the Golden Hall. This has walls covered with more than 18 million glass and gold mosaic pieces.

Another area, called 'The Oval' (and it really is oval!) has five tapestries three hundred years old.

The massive tower is visited separately and involves either an inordinate number of steps or a lift. We took the lift but it didn't take us to the very top - i forget whether for short-term or more permanent reasons. I am sure the view from the top must really be something else.

Related Travel Blogs About Stockholm City Hall

New shoes!
Up at 6.30 to eat breakfast with my dad and follow him to the Arlanda Express - the train for the airport. Went around the city to take some different location shots, and to do a bit of shopping. In …Stockholms City Hall - as a photographer - but didn't feel I had brought any clothes that quite matched the event…
Our full day in Stockholm, Sweden - Exciting
Today we are up for another adventure. We are going to explore the city of Stockholm today.We get up this morning and have breakfast. Since we are at campsite we are having a picnic breakfast by the …City Hall of Stockholm, its a very grand building, this city has over 9 mayor governing it, quite different…

Check Stockholm Hotel Deals