Stiggbuck's Cafe

Sokoine Road, Arusha, Tanzania
+255 754 375535
Stiggbuck's Cafe - My omelet - delicious!
Stiggbuck's Cafe - Cafe front
Stiggbuck's Cafe - Cafe view II
Stiggbuck's Cafe - Cafe view I

Stiggbuck's Cafe Arusha Reviews

spocklogic spocklog…
A 'hearts-on-its-sleeve' cafe Sep 10, 2011
Named after the owner/director of the restaurant, Salma Stigwood, it's a clever variation on the name Starbuck's. We stopped at this restaurant & cafe while passing through Arusha on the way to a safari adventure. It is located in the TSA shopping center, which has a number of other shops including a tourist office, internet cafe, money exchange and supermarket. The complex has everything you need before embarking on a safari.

This restaurant & cafe is located in the east wing of the shopping complex and has a spacious area outside for dining with some nice tree cover for shade. After looking over the menu, I was in the mood for one of their omelets, but concerned about the preparation of the vegetables, whether they were washed in local water or not. Perhaps I was being overly cautious, but they assured me that all washing of food was done in vinegar. I appreciated that and their assurance.

The Ham & cheese omelet with vegetables I had was quite good. Light and fluffy eggs with just the right amount of ham and cheese mixed with tomatoes, peppers and mushrooms. It was quite tasty, perfectly seasoned and very fresh. As this was to be my last sit-down meal at a restaurant for the next 5 days or so, I quite enjoyed it. It you are passing through Arusha, stop by for a meal here. It's good quality food and a friendly place to visit where the customer comes first.

They seem to enjoy the attention to small details here and have a genuine interest in serving the customer. I had a small conversation with the owner/director of the restaurant before leaving and she was a very nice woman and gave me one of her business cards, the last one she had, in fact. I think it may have been one of her personal cards as it was a laminated version. I appreciated that. As I was talking to her she reminded one of her staff that they needed to order more cards. It is indeed a "hearts-on-its-sleeve" cafe in attention.
Cafe front
Cafe view I
Cafe view II
My omelet - delicious!
spocklogic says:
Thanks Jutta & Fauz - I liked this place for food, friendly ways & the natural canopy too.
Posted on: Feb 27, 2012
FoxyFauz says:
I think I would also prefer this place more than the sports bar, great review Brian!
Posted on: Feb 26, 2012