Steps of Rome Trattoria

348 Columbus Avenue, San Francisco, CA, USA
www.stepsofrome.com - (415) 397-0435
Steps of Rome Trattoria - Me and our wonderful waiter :)
Steps of Rome Trattoria - Fettucine al Pesto with Jumbo Prawns
Steps of Rome Trattoria - Fettucine al Pesto with Jumbo Prawns
Steps of Rome Trattoria - Spaghetti ai Frutti di Mare

Steps of Rome Trattoria San Francisco Reviews

simonzinha simonzin…
Dinner with fun Aug 14, 2010
I used to go there a lot a long time ago and last year I just went back there and the food is still simple and good...

A dinner there can be funny as the staff (most of them are real Italian) entertain with you. And for the girls: they have very good looking staff (well most of them).. ehehhe

Their coffee and capuccino are great!
fransglobal says:
I'm on my way to San Francisco. Might try it but are the good looking staff all male? Obrigado.
Posted on: Aug 14, 2010
JillianJ JillianJ
Simple Italian May 22, 2008
A couple of my friends recommended going to this restaurant so when the opportunity came up, I decided to go ahead and try it out.

My friend Colleen and I were meeting up with a fellow TravBuddy for dinner in North Beach so we had a lot of options. However, Steps of Rome stood out in my mind.

It's a really small restaurant with a couple outdoor tables and an upstairs area. The theme within the restaurant is basically hearts. There were candles on the wall in a heart shape, heart were all over the menu, etc. Cutsie, romantic setting. The restaurant is pretty casual, which is nice.

I ordered the homemade Fettucine al Pesto with jumbo prawns, which is flat noodles in a sauce made with basil garlic and parmesan cheese. Colleen had ordered the Spaghetti ai Frutti di Mare, with mussels clams prawns calamari and fresh tomato. Eric (our new TravBuddy friend) ordered the same pasta as me minus the prawns.

We were all satisfied with what we ordered, including the wine we got. Service was really good: waiter was super friendly.

Steps of Rome Trattoria
JillianJ says:
I don't remember. I did take a picture with him! Colleen has it on her cam ;D
Posted on: May 23, 2008
poohstanggt says:
Looks yummy! What was the really friendly waiter's name? LOL!!!
Posted on: May 23, 2008