Stellas Bar and Grill

402-291-6088

Stellas Bar and Grill Bellevue Reviews

nyprne nyprne
Burger Enlightenment Oct 12, 2010
I do not get to Bellevue, Nebraska very often so I confess to never having heard of this establishment prior to today.

I met some friends for lunch on our way out to the golf course. The older gentlemen suggested Stellas for a burger. I love burgers and admit to be on a personal quest to unveil the better burger places in the region. It tends to give my lunch segments some additional purpose.

"You've never been to Stellas?!?" "Well then we have to go there!"

The location is unassuming and quaint. It does not scream fast food place nor franchise. It looks eclectic and can be mistaken for a small house where it not for the parking spaces which circumvent the place.

I enter at 11:30 and the place is packed. There is a patio, and narrow bar and tables parallel to the bar and a row of booths on the northern end. Smiles greet you as you enter.

I brew master’s collection of beer variety adorns the top shelf of the bar with a fair representation from local brewers.

My friends and I grab a table and are met promptly by a smiling waitress. A water and a pair of sodas are delivered.

We place our orders, one cheeseburger each along with fries.

As we chat further and run into acquaintances, I take in the scenery. I see a group of photos adjacent to names of people whom are mostly crossed out riddle the wall. These are candidates whom attempted the Stella challenge and failed. The challenge appears to be a mammoth meal consisting of at least four burgers, fried egg and who know what else. This banquet is called the "Stellanator" and I suppose, there is reward of some sort if you are able to consume one in a single setting. Who would dare put there bodies through such torment? Apparently at least 30 people have tried and failed. However, I believe 1 or 2 people have succeeded.

Stellanator=30+

Unfortunate=2.

Why would people do this? Because the can.

The single cheeseburgers arrived, delivered on a napkin. No fancy plates or forks. It was marvelous.

And that is it. A no nonsense place. Simple and unassuming on the outside, deliberate on the inside and burgers served on a napkin for good measure. Why waste time, just to the chase and serve a good burger with a smile.

Yes, my quest for good burger places continue but I've now found a new place (for me) that I will revisit

Check Bellevue Hotel Deals