Steak & Co.

020 7240 3247

Steak & Co. London Reviews

curious_claire curious_…
Steak the way you want it Apr 26, 2015
I was taken to this place for dinner after going out to the theatre for my birthday. After going to an expensive steak place in America I tend not to order steak as it just can't compete to that place! But my mum was excited to show this place off and it wasn't until we got there I found out why. At Steak & Co you get to cook your own steak!

Part of me was thinking it was lazy for a restaurant to make you cook your meal but it actually makes for a fun evening. So you chose your steak, butter, sauce and spice (I went for rump steak with garlic butter, pepper sauce and paprika), and they bring it out for you with a hot plate for cooking the steak. They seal the steak and you cook it to your preferred temperature. When you think about all the times you've ordered a medium rare steak that comes out well done it's nice to know you'll get the steak you want! Plus it's fun to cook it yourself.

They do have other dishes on the menu besides steak, but honestly why would you come here and not order steak?! I don't eat meat often and even I didn't bother looking at the menu! We only looked at it to pick our sides.

This really was a great place so a perfect 'birthday' dinner. And my mum had mentioned it was my birthday when ordering our mains so when I ordered dessert I had a candle with it and had the staff singing to me. Fun but slightly embarrassing!

The only thing I would say is that you don't want to come to this place wearing a thick jumper as you'll have a hot plate by you so will get very warm! Sadly I was told about the cooking it yourself part until we arrived so I got very hot sat there in my warm winter jumper!
curious_claire says:
Haha yes it was nice to have steak that wasn't over cooked :P
Posted on: Apr 28, 2015
cotton_foam says:
Congrats on your featured review, Claire! It indeed was a fun birthday! :)) So, how did you do with cooking your steak?! Were you able to make the way you want it?! ;-)
Posted on: Apr 27, 2015
Paulovic says:
Congrats on your featured review!
Posted on: Apr 27, 2015