Staybridge Suites San Antonio Sunset Station
Staybridge Suites San Antonio Sunset Station Rates and Deals
Staybridge Suites San Antonio Sunset Station Reviews
Stay away from Staybridge at Sunset Station Mar 11, 2010
We just returned from a terrible vacation of 5 days at San Antonio, Texas. The rooms are very large but the hotel is not very clean (rooms, elevators, bar area). We have a theft incident.
- The rooms are spacious and well equipped: fridge, microwave, sink, coffee maker, etc.
- The beds and pillows are great.
- Complementary drinks and snacks (see below).
- Free breakfast (but see below).
- Free parking (but see below).
- The room was dirty upon arrival: the whole room was dusty, the rugs had chips and pieces of candy all over, the tub had hairs from previous guests.
- We asked for a full room clean up, never happened.
- The cleaning room service is terrible, they make beds and change towels but they do not vacumm the carpets or clean the furniture in a daily basis (one day they even leave the room untidy, we have to go to the desk for towels and shampoo and made the bed ourselves).
- The bathtub was clogged up (from day one) and was reported 3 different days. They fix it the very last day.
- The staff is somehow polite but not very helpful; they are short in employees (the woman at the front desk makes the snacks, serves the drinks, cleans the floors, answers the phones, etc).
- Although the complementary (not every night) drinks were good, don't be fooled by the "great snacks". They are frozen microwavable junk food from Costco.
- Keep in mind the "free" breakfast consist in microwave scramble eggs and greasy sausages. If you get to the breakfast area 20 minutes prior to the end time you will hardly find a clean dish. We take the breakfast one day but prefer to pay for a good breakfast outside.
- The free parking is located in a lot 2 blocks away and is full during weekends.
- The hotel is away from the river (but there is a street car stop very near).
- The business center is a small room with 3 slow computers and a printer (full at weekends with kids browsing youtube videos; I don't blame the hotel for that).
- One night we were having drinks at the bar/restaurant area of the hotel and forget to take with us a small bag with a expensive digital camera. The bag was returned to the front desk but the camera was robbed. There were not security cameras at that spot. Long story short, the camera didn't appear. I should have called the police and make a bigger fuss, but I save my family from a much more bitter experience. I have the form/complain incident sheet to prove this. Prime suspects: a group of Air Force personnel that were drinking there and, of course, an hotel employee that was on duty at the time. Terrible terrible experience.
With all the good reviews and "pluses" the Straybridge hotel at Sunset St. seems to be a good place for the money. But I will avoid at any cost If you like clean rooms, efficient staff and safe environment. You'll be better in a cheaper Holiday Express or somewhere else.
Join TravBuddy to leave comments, meet new friends and share travel tips!
Staybridge Suites San Antonio Sunset Station Overview
Located in downtown San Antonio, the Staybridge Suites Sunset Station San Antonio is adjacent to Sunset Station and only a block from the Alamodome. Just a short bus or taxi ride away from the hotel is Riverwalk, Market Square, the Alamo, the San Antonio Museum of Art, and more. Guests will also be able to visit Six Flags, SeaWorld, the North Star Mall, and other places. Located in the downtown portion of San Antonio, the Staybridge Suites Sunset Station San Antonio is within walking distance to a number of attractions. Guests will be able to use public transportation, such as taxis, trolleys, and buses to take them to other areas of the city.
Pets are allowed at the Staybridge Suites Sunset Station San Antonio for a fee. The suites include coffeemakers, full kitchens, plasma televisions with DirecTV, DVD players, and more.
Amenities at the Staybridge Suites Sunset Station San Antonio include a free buffet breakfast each morning, daily housekeeping, onsite laundry facilities, a convenience store, and more. Guests that want to stay in shape can use the 24-hr fitness center onsite. The hotel also offers an outdoor pool and barbecue grills for guests.
Staybridge Suites San Antonio Sunset Station Amenities