Staybridge Suites Kalamazoo

Staybridge Suites Kalamazoo Rates and Deals

Staybridge Suites Kalamazoo Reviews

mslellen mslellen
Extended stay suites close to Kalamazoo campus Feb 22, 2013
Gloria and I stayed here while visiting her daughter at school.

Please do not take this wrong, I do think this is a descent hotel, I just think that a combination of things happened that were out of the norm.

Firstly, I think the hotel is a little pricey, but we ended us getting a better deal because our reservation was lost and they give a discount to family members of college students.

The woman working at the desk was very kind, efficient and pleasant. Without her I do not know what would of happened. There was what I presume to be a student working the front desk which is not uncommon in college towns, but really - they're going to college to get jobs- does the one they have while in school mean nothing? Anyway, he was the same guy Gloria made the reservation with and she had her confirmation number. NO RESERVATION! When we started to complain the woman stepped in and came to the rescue. She gave us her last room, a suite w/king bed, at a rate less than the one we reserved. She also took the time to call other hotels in the area just to make sure we did not have a reservation at a different hotel - we knew we didn't, but it was really nice that she took the time to do that - most people wouldn't - THANK YOU!

Our room was very nice, clean and the bed was comfy. The bath counter had LOTS of room YAY! and there was a complete kitchen in the room.

The hotel served a really nice breakfast, better than most hotel offerings which was nice. Because the hotel was booked there were not enough seats, but they do have a pleasant outdoor seating area and the weather was nice so we ate outdoors.

I think this is a nice hotel, but I do think the housekeeping staff is taking advantage of the owners and are not the greatest workers. We stayed 2 nights and as we were leaving in the morning the housekeeper asked if we wanted our room made up. I'm staying in a hotel paying $120+ a night - YES - I want the bed made and fresh towels etc. She didn't act like she really wanted to do it.

No towels or face cloths when we got back - and check out the picture of how the bed was made - come on - this is a hotel - my kids did a better job when they didn't do it.

Also, the hotel pool smelled heavily of chlorine and had that foggy color which means it really isn't clean. We did take a quick dip in the hot tub and pool anyway, but only stayed for a few minutes, the chemical odor in the room was overpowering

I would still recommend this hotel, but hope that there's been a turnover in maid service - or training. Thank goodness for the one woman at the front desk.
Other side of the bed, comforter i…
Do you like the way the bolster pi…
Nice little Kitchenette with all t…
Small living area - good enough fo…

Staybridge Suites Kalamazoo Overview

Enjoy Hotel's Award-Winning Service in Kalamazoo, MI With a unique Art Deco downtown, Kalamazoo is an energetic city located in western Michigan. Minutes from I-94 and Western Michigan University, the Staybridge Suites® Kalamazoo hotel offers a perfect location for both business and leisure travelers. Whether you're here for a short business trip or an extended stay, this hotel's Kalamazoo amenities help you achieve optimal productivity. The Business Center is open 24 hours a day, and we have free Wi-Fi access throughout the hotel. Host a meeting in the boardroom, which can accommodate up to 22 people. Additionally, the hotel is minutes from companies like Thermo Fisher Scientific and Parker Hannifin. There's no shortage of things to do in Kalamazoo, and the hotel has a convenient location near the best attractions, including Miller Auditorium‎, Kalamazoo Civic Theatre and the Wings Stadium. Explore the world of aviation at the Kalamazoo Air Zoo, which has a variety of historic aircraft and flight simulators. When choosing extended stay hotels in Kalamazoo, remember that these award-winning accommodations offer all the comforts of home. From the indoor pool to the Fitness Center, the incredible amenities are sure to exceed your expectations. In the morning, join us for a hot breakfast buffet, and every Tues-Thurs we serve an evening Sundowner Reception. Make your reservations today and take advantage of the perks we have to offer! Booking and cancellation policies vary by rate type. Please check all applicable rules prior to booking to avoid possible charges. American Disabilities Act. If your accessibility needs are not met, please contact the Hotel Manager on Duty. Should you require additional information regarding accessible facilities for guests with disabilities, please call 1-800-238-8000 (U.S. and Canada) or contact the hotel directly. For the hearing impaired, TDD service is available at 1-800-238-5544 within the U.S. and Canada

Staybridge Suites Amenities

• Disabled Accessible Rooms
  • Disabled Parking
  • Wheel Chair Access
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower