Statue Cruises - Statue of Liberty & Ellis Island

Battery Park, New York, NY, USA

Statue Cruises - Statue of Liberty & Ellis Island New York Reviews

silvia_81 silvia_81
Statue Cruises Apr 22, 2011
How else can you get to the Statue of Liberty or Ellis Island? This is the only cruise contracted to ship people to and from the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island. The price was not so bad, $13 per adult, but the experience was not as good. The line was huge and slow moving.I purchased the tickets online and thought that would save us from waiting in line, but that wasn’t the case. When we arrived, we walked to the front of the two huge lines (miles long), only to be told to get to the back of the second (shortest line) for reserved tickets. I guess we were lucky to only have to wait an hour in line with reserved tickets!! We finally caught the last boat, but there was not enough time to get off and walk to the Islands. You have to go through an airport-style security, which took just as long as waiting in line to get inside. The boat ride over is cool if you're on the top deck.

My biggest complaint is regarding the amount of time we had to wait to finally get to the boat and not having enough time to enjoy the Island, but perhaps next time! But hey, when you're the only company why would you make it easier for paying customers?

Well, if you plan to go, I suggest you arrive early, very early, regardless if you book online and it doesn’t matter what time you book it for. GOOD LUCK and ENJOY
Glynnes says:
The Staten Island Ferry which is FREE is a next option to save money.
Posted on: Apr 22, 2011