State by Night Cruise

89 South Pier 17 Seaport, New York, NY, USA

State by Night Cruise New York Reviews

six2midnight six2midn…
Night Cruise Feb 29, 2012
Me and a friend did the Statue by Night Tour, during the winter. It's a 90 minute guided cruise that takes you around Manhattan sites include: 9/11 Memorial, Empire State Building, Statue of Liberty, Brooklyn Bridge, United Nations, Ellis Island etc.

We purchased our tickets in advanced online, which is recommended (despite it being winter out ferry was completely booked). Once on board there are two levels; the bottom level is the heated, enclosed and has a cash bar, the top level is open so no protection from the elements but great for pictures.

The your guide was very knowledgeable and made the experience pleasant, he joked around with historical facts and played trivia with us, but the real winner is the Manhattan skyline it's breath taking. Once you get to the financial district and saw where the Twin Towers once stood it made me cry to think over 3000 people lost their lives there and in that "ground zero" location we have already erected the new buildings it's just amazing. The freedom you feel out in the water reminded me of why I love New York.

PS: PLEASE TAKE A GOOD CAMERA I WAS NO PREPARED SO MY PHOTOS ARE HORRIBLE, THE SPEED OF THE BOAT AND WIND MADE IT HARD TO FOCUS.
X_Drive says:
Your photos are very good (even if a few are shaky)! :D
Posted on: Feb 29, 2012