State Line

(915) 581-3371 ‎

State Line El Paso Reviews

sevseasail sevseasa…
Nice Surprise Jun 13, 2011
I say it was a nice surprise because after staying in a hotel 3 blocks away for 4 months I never went to the place and I'm sorry I did not go before.

The place is a Barbeque restaurant which is part of the liquor store next door; what comes in very handy at the time to order your booze, they can get you anything from the shelves of the liquor store even if it's not on the restaurant menu. (score one)

It's decorated as an old western bar with lots of wood paneling and such, a bit dark for my taste but it's fine.

The staff was very friendly and helpful (score two). Food was phenomenal. (score three)

I was going to order the New York strip and the waitress talked me out of it, I had the Rib eye, perfectly cooked to order and delicious. The amount of food was "too much". What I mean is: besides this time I do not remember the last time I could not finish everything they brought to my table.

My dish came with side of beans, coleslaw, a baked potato (I would have rather have mashed, but it was not an option)and mushrooms.

For desert I had a huge home made cheese cake that was excellent.

I'm giving it a 4 star only because I think it was expensive, and I'm not rating it very expensive because of the quality and quantity of food.

I had two beers and my bill (tip included) came to $54.00 for just me.

Will definitely go back.