Start Skydiving

1711 Run Way, Middletown, OH, USA - (513) 422-5867

Start Skydiving Middletown Reviews

VoyagerGirl VoyagerG…
The place to go Skydiving in OH, KY, IN (Cincinnati area.) Aug 30, 2012
I wanted to do something different for my birthday this year. Skydiving it was! Jumping out of a plane with 2 friends and a cousin was the way to go!

I did a lot of research as far as location, price, and recommendation/reviews from others. I picked Start Skydiving because almost all of the reviews were excellant, the price was below others (some significantly), and the location was good.

We booked online to avoid the first come first serve dilemma. I recommend this, not only for that reason, but because the price is also cheaper when booking and paying in full online. I payed $159 for a weekend day! Price range is from $129-$179 for tandem, depending on day of the week and if you are prepaying online. The only downfall to booking online is weather outcome. If the weather does not permit jumping though, you still receive credit to jump a different day. I also say GET THE VIDEO AND PICTURES!

We ended up booking a day like this. Weather hold had us wait for 3-4 hours. Luckily they have food onsite, good and for cheap too. There was also cornhole, skiball, bikes to use for free, tv, and plenty of other anxious people to talk to. We had a blast just waiting.

Once the weather hold was lifted, even with it being as backed up as it was, it went pretty smoothly. They announced the groups and had it listed on a screen as well, with what trip up you were on, your tandem instructor, and your videographer. Before suiting up the videographer came and introduced himself, got a little bit of the "oh ****" face before hand on camera : ) My tandem instructor (Paul) came afterwards and introduced himself, got me suited up, and went over what I needed to know and what to expect.

The plane ride up was long, and it was packed, it was such a thrill-the anticipation! My TI continued to be professional, was humorous which made me more comfortable, he made me feel so much more at ease. More video was shot on the way up. Once everyone started jumping it was very swift, no time to think, just jump. We did 3 flips out of the plane, many spins, it was AWESOME! The videographer came right up and held my hand for a few seconds too, during freefall. The chute came out fine, no issues. The TI was knowledgeable in the landing process, and again in air explained what to expect. The landing was a bit rough, because we attempted to land on our feet instead of our rumps, but I would not have had it any other way. I was not hurt, or injured, and the adreneline had me wanting to do it again! (Oh, and I will).

My video and photos turned out well. The whole experience was great. Staff are very friendly, knowledgeable, and safety aware. The price is a HUGE plus. If anyone is thinking about going, GO, and go no where else but here. They are AMAZING! They even have team jump shows that are fun to watch. Check them out!
Our plane!
Me and my "washed up" underwear mo…
On our way up!