Staromestska

Staromestske namesti 19 110 00 Praha 1, Prague, Czech Republic

Staromestska Prague Reviews

jeminigirl jeminigi…
Wonderful location Aug 24, 2011
We has passed this restaurant on numerous occasions over the last couple of days and it had always been jam packed on an evening - always a good indication as to whether a place is good or not.

It was our last evening so we had decided to blow our budget on our last evening meal in Prague. We arrived a little after 9pm and the place was still extremely busy, however, there were a couple of tables that appeared to be free. On approach to the seating area a man came towards us and asked if we were eating (I assume if we had said that we only wanted drinks we would have been turned away) when we responded with that we were indeed eating he tried to place us on a table directly next to another couple, when I say directly next to, I mean that our elbows would have been practically touching this other couple. When we said that we preferred the next table along, leaving that table vacant, he gave us a surly look. However, after the last couple of days we were pretty much used to this so took our places at our chosen table.

The menu was brought to us promptly and our drinks order was taken. Two small bottle of wines were promptly brought to us. Our meal order was taken swiftly too. I opted for the Beef Stroganoff with long grain rice and Karin opted for a steak (cooked well done)with marinated bell peppers and baked potatoes. A basket of fresh bread was brought to the table along with herbed butter.

The meals came within 10-15 minutes of ordering and I have to say the size of the plate did drown the overall appearance of the food - in other words the portion sizes could have been a tad bigger. However, the food was lovely. The beef in my stroganoff simply melted in my mouth, the sauce was scrummy. Karin's steak was cooked to perfection, not cremated like some restaurants serve well done steak.

Once the main meal had been devoured it was time to study the dessert menu. We both opted for pancakes, I had mine with fresh fruit (kiwi & banana), chocolate ice cream and whipped cream, Karin opted for the hot forest fruits, vanilla ice cream and whipped cream, they were simply divine.

After desserts we decided to have a liqueur coffee each, both of us opted for a Bailey's coffee and when it arrived I have to say that there was more Bailey's than coffee in the glass.

We did splurge a bit of our last night the total bill came to 1711 koruna which equated to approximately 70.00. So really 35.00 each for a main, dessert, 2 wines and a liqueur coffee which is about the same price we would pay back home.

We found the service to be excellent and the waiter was very attentive. Would definitely recommend this restaurant for a splurge at the end of your break

Check Prague Hotel Deals