Star Wars Exhibit (Science Museum)

120 W. Kellogg Blvd., Saint Paul, MN, USA
(651) 221-9444

Star Wars Exhibit (Science Museum) Saint Paul Reviews

the_bill the_bill
Drive Safe Aug 10, 2008
The traveling Star Wars Exhibit came to the Science Museum of Minnesota this summer and I learned that it was soon going to close to the public due to the upcoming Republican National Convention taking place next door at the Excel Energy Center. It is scheduled to re-open to the public on September 12, 2008, but I figured I’d better go now and not risk missing it. It is a fun exhibit whether you grew up on the original trilogy or are a fan of the most recent trilogy. If you’re a fan, there was plenty to see and learn at this exhibit. One fun fact I learned was that the Millennium Falcon model used in the filming of the Star Wars trilogies had a "Drive Safe" bumper sticker on it. Also, Princess Leia's ship from Episode IV had a couple posters in the cockpit. One was the movie's own poster and the other was basically a pinup. I thought this was pretty funny and wondered what else the modelers and special effects folks slipped by without being noticed. Another interesting fact I learned was that Albert Einstein was the inspiration for part of Yoda’s character. Otherwise, the exhibit was full of scale models, costume and exhibits explaining the science behind the movie. Several actors patrolled the exhibit and halls of the Science Museum including a Storm Trooper, Darth Vader, Obi-Wan Kenobi and Qui-Gon Jinn. A definite must-see for any fan of the Star Wars genre.
poorogies says:
Ugh! John and I saw this while we were up there and wanted to I'm doubly depressed we didn't get to! :(
Posted on: Oct 19, 2008
poohstanggt says:
OMG Melanie will be jealous when she sees this! LOL. We just found out this morning they are having some Lucas exhibit here in the Fall and also talks about a permanent Lucas museum in Modesto where he was born! Should be interesting! :D
Posted on: Aug 17, 2008
jake421 jake421
Star Wars Exhibit Jul 18, 2008
The Star Wars exhibit is a place suited for kids and adults. No matter the age, you will find something interesting. However, I would not recommend that you do what I did and that's go with 4 other adults and 15 kids ranging in age from 5-15. We spent two hours going through the entire show. There was 13 minute program on robots that C-3PO "hosted". Is it worth it? Yes if you are a fan. Would I take kids? No if you want to really go through the exhibit.
Yoda I am. The force you will use.
Me and Darth Vader...
The Millennium Falcon downsized.
What up Chewie! (my niece w/Chewba…

Check Saint Paul Hotel Deals