Star Lodge

Hotel class: 1.5 stars
39 Lebuh Muntri, Georgetown, Malaysia
Star Lodge - Star Lodge
Star Lodge - Private WC/bathroom.
Star Lodge - Twins bed and a table.
Star Lodge - Room with windows.

Check Georgetown Hotel Deals

Star Lodge Georgetown Reviews

mandywmy mandywmy
Absolutely affordable Jun 04, 2012
Star Lodge is a basic guest house but it is a good deal for me. I decided a last-minute walk-in check on this guest house, as I saw a Western backpacker (who obviously an experienced traveller) went in here to check-in. Although this guest house is run by Chinese-Malay, you may feel surprise with the number of Westerns staying in this place. I was probably the only Asian guest :)

Whether you like it or not, depends on what your needs are:

The amenities are very basic -- a room with windows, a fan, a table, twins beds, and a private WC/bathroom.

Wifi - available in rooms. If you do not carry your PC with you, the owner also runs an internet cafe just a few steps away from the lodge.

Towels -- Provided, but I did not use them.

Hairdryer -- No. But it is quite common to happen in Penang and I could dry my hairs with the fan.

Toilette papers and shampoos -- No. But you could get these easily in the supermarkets with small monies.

TV -- Not in the room. But I would not watch anyway (you could watch TV in the common area if you need).

Cleaning -- They did not change sheets during my stay. But as I stayed two nights only, I did not bother to ask them on this. You may check with them if you stay longer than that.

People -- Staff is friendly and helpful. There are also experienced travellers staying there and shared with me their interesting stories.

A room with the private WC/bathroom at this price (RM30 per night), all other weaknesses of the lodge are insignificant for me. If you do not think so, you should check with the plenty numbers of guesthouses/inns in the area. You could always get a deal of your choice.

While a dinner in food court costs me more than RM30, I consider my stay in Star Lodge was a good value of money.
Twins bed and a table.
Room with windows.
Private WC/bathroom.
Star Lodge

Star Lodge Overview

Penang State Mosque, Kek Lok Si Temple and Queensbay Mall are within a 20 minute drive from the Star Lodge.

The Star Lodge offers a convenient 24-hour reception as well as a laundry service, luggage storage and security and video surveillance in public areas for its guests. The hostel also offers guests the added convenience of a wireless internet connection.

Universiti Sains Malaysia is within easy driving distance of the Star Lodge. The hostel is within a 10 minute walk to Arulmigu Sri Mahamariamman Temple and within a 20 minute walk are Khoo Kongsi Temple, Penang Jetty and Komtar Tower. The centre of Georgetown is 20 minutes away by car. Penang International Airport (PEN) is within a 30 minute drive from the hostel.

Star Lodge Amenities

• Parking
  • 24 Hour Reception
  • Air Conditioned
  • Laundry service
  • Ticket Service
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower
  • Security and video surveillance in public areas
  • Luggage Storage