Star Guest House

2723 8951

Star Guest House Reviews

sheena_marie sheena_m…
Aug 23, 2007
WhenI'm in Hong Kong I stay at the Star Guest House. They're on this side road near the Tsim Sha Tsui mtr station. It doesn't look like much, but it felt safe (important for me as I'm a female that travels alone), there's always someone there and the only way you can get in the door is to either ring the bell (if you're arriving) or with a key that they give you.

The rooms don't look like much, but the airconditioner works (almost TOO well!) and the bed was comfortable. The rooms are small, but I like it there.

They've got two or three guesthouses on the same road. If one of them is full then they'll put you in one of the others. That's what happened to me the first time I went there. They'll also look after your bags for you after you've checked out.

The other thing I like about them is that you can book online and you don't need your credit card!! You just email them through the site and they book it for you. You just pay in cash when you get there.

Word of advice when trying to find it: LOOK UP!!! You'll be walking up and down the road all night if you don't. There's a sign about 3 meters above your head in blue and white. Oh, and ignore the touts.