Stamford Bridge Inn

01829 740229

Stamford Bridge Inn Chester Reviews

Soultrekker Soultrek…
Best Pub I have ever been to! Jul 13, 2012
The Stamford Bridge Inn is probably the best pub I have ever been to! And when I say Pub, this isn't the sort of dark dingy Pub with just a bar and a couple of sticky tables. This is a beautiful restaurant with a very nice Bar area. It is located two miles from the Roman City of Chester and only 10 minutes from the famous Chester Zoo. Our cottages that we were staying at were only 200 hundred yards behind the Stampford Bridge, so we frequesnted this place a few times during our stay in Chester. And this was mainly because they had some of the best food that I have ever had in the UK! First of all the Stamford Bridge is beautifully decorated. On the outside the brilliant white walls of this English style cottage standout, like they were just painted yesterday. The windows with the quaint looking shutters and the beautiful plants and multi-colored flowers that covered the building made this place look picture postcard perfect. The inside was beautifully decorated as well. With the look of the wood timbers going across white ceiling and the stone fireplace and the shelves filled with old looking books, it had a very cozy feel to the place. It also made you feel that you were perhaps on the coast near the ocean. Now the best part of the Stamford Bridge Inn....the FOOD! All of us ordered a bunch of dishes and we just shared to taste everything. I had the Beef in Red wine sauce that literally melted in my mouth. My wife had the Lamb shoulder which was so tender it fell off the bone...I have never had lamb that tasted as good as this! The Goats cheese on crispy flat bread was amazing! The chicken liver pate with tomato & onion chutney on toasted focaccia bread was out of this world! We also had the deep fried Brie cheese wedges served with smoked bacon chutney and it was like nothing I have ever had before. We had also ordered the typical British Pub fare of Toad in the hole with pork & herb sausage, Yorkshire pudding, mashed poatao & onion gravy...perfect! And to top it off we ordered an Indian dish that you find everywhere in the UK...Chicken Tikka Marsala. I love Indian food and this was one of the best Indian dishes I have had and very spicey!! I would fly to England just to go back to the Stamford Bridge Inn and I wish I could add more stars to this review! Amazing!

Check Chester Hotel Deals