Stallweis Alm Mountain Trail

Solden, Austria

Stallweis Alm Mountain Trail Solden Reviews

anewchapter anewchap…
A Snowy Paradise Nov 09, 2014
After trying and deciding that skiing wasn't for me I instead thought I would spend a day hiking.

I had a quick look on googlemaps and set out on my hike with no real route in mind, no phone, no watch, no food and not enough clothing for the cold weather...yes, I know now I should have planned it better but thankfully it all went well and I didn't end up as a missing person.

After walking for 45 minutes or so I went slightly off track, down a path. I figured I would walk for a while and if I didn't see any sights or signs I would turn back. The views from this path were awesome and I managed to balance my camera on a boulder and take some timed photo's.

I carried on walking down the path until I came to some footprints in the snow that weren't human. I figured that was the point I should turn back.

After walking back I saw the signs for the Stallweis Alm trail and figured I'd give it a go.

I couldn't tell you how long the hike took but it was definitely over 2 hours uphill and was tougher than I had imagined. The deep untouched snow didn't help but did make me fell like I was Sylvester Stallone in Rocky 4.

I took over a hundred photos during the hike, every corner seemed to be more beautiful than the previous.

Eventually I arrived at the cabin where I chilled out, drank tea and enjoyed the breathtaking mountain top views.

After 30 minutes or so I made my way back down.

This hike was definitely a highlight of my 2 week trip around Austria. Getting out into nature, enjoying the silence and feeling privileged for the views I saw.

I highly recommend going for a hike around the mountains of Solden, it was definitely an unforgettable experience for me.

Check Solden Hotel Deals