Stairway to Heaven

11-12 Mariaplaats, Utrecht, Netherlands
030 232 2288
Stairway to Heaven - Fantastic memorabilia to nosey at \m/
Stairway to Heaven - Exterior shot
Stairway to Heaven - Strike a pose!
Stairway to Heaven - Strike a pose!
Stairway to Heaven - View from the main bar
Stairway to Heaven - My current Belgian beer of choice.

Stairway to Heaven Utrecht Reviews

moshers_moll moshers_…
Laid back 'Rock-bar' boozing in Utrecht Mar 14, 2010
''Stairway to Heaven'' has been graced by my presence a couple of times since Christmas, though rest assured I would be a regular should I lived/worked closer to Utrecht!! It's a deceptively large place, rather unassuming from the exterior but opens out into a great rock bar with guitars, vinyl and rock memorabilia adorning the walls. I've visited on a typical Friday night and also early evening on a Monday, experiencing great atmospheres on both occasions. The music was decidedly more chilled and mainstream early in the evening, changing to a heavier, rockier sound as the evening progressed.

The pub benefits from having two bars during busy periods, plus a separate restaurant upstairs, should you wish to have a 'proper' meal away from the drinkers. Though plenty of people enjoy burgers/broodjes etc from the lunchtime menu in the oh so comfortable booths downstairs. The restaurant is housed on a mezzanine level so still benefits from the atmosphere from downstairs.

The grub is pretty standard. What you would expect from a pub menu: Steaks, burger, mixed grills etc. I enjoyed a chicken peanut satay dish with fries, salad and prawn crackers from the specials menu though I was eyeing up my companions meal rather enviously when it arrived: A HUGE, thick, top quality burger topped with a fried egg and onions. (The 'shaggadelic' burger!) Steady on eh, it was good but not THAT good! :D

Reasonably priced for a bar such as this, in such a large city and prime location (easily accessible from the Centraal station, with a plethora of bars and other eateries nearby) though with the large array of beers on offer here why would you want to drink anywhere else!

The bar also has a small stage area for occasional live music and stand-up. More info to be found on their official website: http://www.stairway.nl/

Highly recommended for all age groups, not solely reserved for student types which seem to inhabit Utrecht!
Fantastic memorabilia to nosey at …
Exterior shot
Strike a pose!
sarahelaine sarahela…
Oct 22, 2007
Stairway to heaven is a large, loosely rock themed bar in Utrecht, and this is sort of a placeholder review. When we went, it was a monday night and so it was a good, quiet place to have a burger and a couple of beers, but from the size of the place, the rocknights it was advertising, and the decor, I think it's a different sort of place completely at 11pm on a weekend.

When we were there, my friend and I had a burger and a couple of beers adn the whole thing came to about 27€ for both of us. The burgers and chips (fries) were fresh and very nicely cooked, the service was friendly and prompt, and even though it was a monday there were quite a few people there. The beer's good too. I'm hoping that at some point someone will go there at night with me!
pauric_doherty says:
Sounds like an interesting place .... its got a split personality!
Posted on: Oct 24, 2007