Paonia, Colorado

Stahl Farm Market Paonia Reviews

walterman9999 walterma…
Stahl Farm Market, CO hwy 133, Paonia, Colorado USA Oct 04, 2017
For years when I finish my camping on the Kebler Pass road I stop nearby at Stahl Farm Market with it many good orchards. (Many other good orchards in this area, but Stahl is my favorite.) They always have a number of (mostly) fruits and veggies also, all ripe and ready to eat.

When roughing it in the wilderness it is good to have a good selection of perishable and non-perishable foods and drinks.

Today was my good day to get yellow pears and some other produce.

I already had some good wine so I did not try their wine. (I will consume no alcoholic drinks before I make my final camp for the night.)
entry
fruits
odiseya says:
Perishable and non-perishable foods and drinks are new words for me.
Posted on: Oct 05, 2017
walterman9999 walterma…
Stahl Farm Market, Paonia, Colorado USA Dec 05, 2016
Paonia is an area with large scale fruit tree orchards or farms. There are a few good farms open to the public on the South side of the road, CO 133. I stoped at Stahl Farm Market. They were very pleasant there and gave me a few free fruit samples to eat. I purchased two pound bags of cherries, peaches, and apricots. I also got a small free box for my bagged fruit. They sold me a good combination of ripe and nearly ripe fruit so I did not have to gobble down the fruit in a day or so. My fruit purchase was a good food addition while "roughing it" on my camping trip.

I got rid of the bags and put the fruit in that box behind passenger seat that was an easy grab for me while driving.
inside canned
inside produce
odiseya says:
Nice place indeed!
Posted on: Oct 05, 2017
walterman9999 says:
Its good on a long trip to have food & drink handy
Posted on: Aug 04, 2016
Zagnut66 says:
I know I shouldn't eat and drive, but on a long road trip I like having something to snack on and a drink in the cup holder.
Posted on: Aug 03, 2016