Stagnaro charter boats santa cruz whale watching

Santa Cruz, California
Stagnaro charter boats santa cruz whale watching - Two whale flukes (are better than one!)
Stagnaro charter boats santa cruz whale watching - The best photo I got of a humpback whale fluke, the same one a few milliseconds later
Stagnaro charter boats santa cruz whale watching - Mother and baby whale together
Stagnaro charter boats santa cruz whale watching - you often see the backs of whales
Stagnaro charter boats santa cruz whale watching - The boat Velocity is a nice yacht

Stagnaro charter boats santa cruz whale watching Reviews

portia portia
Santa Cruz Whale Watching Jul 17, 2012
Santacruzwhalewatching.com is the web site we booked the trip on. Stagnaro charter boats run the operation. The boat Velocity is a fast, nice 60 foot yacht with room for about 60 passengers, food and liquor service and a restroom. The crew was knowledgeable and helpful, and the captain knows where to go to find the whales. The operation is year round, and the price is reasonable (much less than one would pay in Alaska cruise for example).

It is a shorter boat ride from Santa Cruz harbor to the middle of the Monterey Bay than if you started from another harbor. That is a good consideration if you want to minimize the travel time.

We saw lots of whales and had great weather. Of course they have no control of the weather, we were very lucky. I did get seasick on smooth waters, so if you are prone to seasickness, I recommend you take some motion sickness pills before getting on the boat! See the blog for more description and photos. Highly recommended.
The boat Velocity is a nice yacht
The best photo I got of a humpback…
The best photo I got of a humpback…
you often see the backs of whales
X_Drive says:
I have to agree that Whale Watching in Monterey Bay is amazing. We were also lucky enough to see plenty of dolphins!! :)
Posted on: Jul 18, 2012