Stadsherberg De Keurvorst

0486 411 371

Stadsherberg De Keurvorst Ravenstein Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Surprisingly good and with a great ambiance Jul 04, 2011
We arrived pretty late in Ravenstein on a Monday evening and it turned out that there was only one place in town where we could get something to eat. We had learnt that it was a really cozy place and when we arrived at the small Town Square we could only confirm this. The Stadsherberg De Keurvorst was situated across the Town Hall and there were quite a lot people sitting outside enjoying the warm summer evening.

We decided to eat inside and the place was even cosier inside. The light was quite dim and there was really a great ambiance from the start. I ordered a Keurvorst special as a starter and it was a great little dish with some small shrimps, some delicate ham and a glass of asparagus soup. As main course I went for an entrecote that was kept as rare as I wanted it and I was really satisfied with the meal.

The served at least 8 different beers in the bar and I tasted two that was new for me; the best being a Hertog Jan, which was a great pilsner but they also had a Spelt bier that was local for the village and also quite good.
The Herzog Jan beer
My starter - a specialty of the ho…
The Spelt bier