St. Petersburg Metro

Saint Petersburg, Russia

St. Petersburg Metro Saint Petersburg Reviews

odiseya odiseya
A guide to metro ride Feb 08, 2017
When I was tired from walking or I need to travel far I was using city's metro.

Saint Petersburg metro system is very effective public transportation system. It is safe, comfortable and clean. Lots of people here and I even see small dogs with then owners. There no any noise too. It was officially open on 15th November 1955.

It is second larges metro system in Russia, after Moscow. It had 65 metro station, 35000 trains. It is estimate that is used by 2.3 million people daily and that make them 16th busies metro system on world.

It was very simple to use it. On ticket offices you need to bout small token. It is valid for one unlimited ride.

There no rush! Trains arrive every 2-3 minutes by day and more in the morning and late at night.

There is five metro lines.
odiseya odiseya
Escalator Feb 11, 2017
St. Petersburg Metro is interesting for many things. I find information that this metro is also the world's deepest subway. That explain great view from the top of the escalator.

Many metro station here have escalators but longest was build short after my visit to the city. I was there in August 2011 and in December 28 the same year was open Admiralteyskaya Metro Station. The total depth of that new station is 86 meters and that is the deepest metro station in Saint Petersburg
odiseya says:
Great! I look forward to learn more about it.
Posted on: Feb 11, 2017
wabat says:
You will see, when I add my Pyongyang Metro review onto TB that, North Korea claims that it is the world's deepest subway. They claim 100 metres! Which is true I don't know.
Posted on: Feb 11, 2017
tvillingmarit tvilling…
Dec 14, 2005
St. Petersburg's metro is some 105 km long (total length varies according to criteria applied) and has 60 stations (average station distance 1770m). Like in Moscow, older stations are elegantly decorated whereas newer stations show a more functional design. The metro works between 6 a.m. and 1 a.m. and trains pass every 95 seconds during rush hour and every 4 minutes the rest of the day.

The Metro is a beautiful and unusual Metro. We used the Metro frekvently, to take us round in St. Petersburg, and just for expering the Metros beauty.

Check Saint Petersburg Hotel Deals