St. Paul's Hospital

1081 Burrard Street, Vancouver, Canada

St. Paul's Hospital Vancouver Reviews

Eric Eric
Aug 26, 2005
I camehere as a result of a bad case of sushi food poisoning, but I'm glad Iended uphere rather than somewhere else. Everyone here was exceptionally friendly, from the nurse who brought me 8 additional blankets because my blood vessels were dialated from my body going into shock and I was cold, to the doctor who fixed me up. To give another example, Angie wanted to get some food and water from a vending machine, but it would only take canadian money, and we had none. We also needed money to put into the parking meter for the car parked outside the hospital. The lady lying down next to me in the ER overheard our little dilemma and immediately offered to give us 20 canadian dollars, no strings attached. Even when we tried to convince her not to and offered her american money in exchange, she wouldn't have it, and insisted we take it for free. It must take an extraordinary amount of compassion to worry about other people when you yourself are lying sick in a hospital bed, but this is the type of vibe I got from everyone here.
Eric says:
haha...yea..I've eaten sushi a few times since then but it still gives me some trepidation each time.
Posted on: May 15, 2007
AndiPerullo says:
I am delighted to read that there are still healthcare professionals that actually care about their patients. I'm so happy you got better! Have you been able to eat sushi since?
Posted on: May 14, 2007