St Mark's Church

Zagreb, Croatia

St Mark's Church Zagreb Reviews

FoxyFauz FoxyFauz
Can't miss it! Mar 13, 2015
This has got to be the most famous Church in Zagreb mainly because of the colourful tiled roof which makes it practically a landmark in Zagreb. The roof was constructed in 1880 & has the medieval coat of arms of Croatia, Dalmatia and Slavonia on the left side, and the emblem of Zagreb on the right

We did not even enter the Church. I think it was closed when we got there. Most tourists mainly took photographs while being outside the Church. It was quite tricky to get the proper photograph as the sunlight comes from the back of the Church.

KIV pics
Foxyfauz @ St Marks Church
Vipin Vipin
Great roof Oct 21, 2011
This church is found in the more historic part of Zagreb and instantly recognisable because of its colourful roof, which depicts the coat of arms for Zagreb and the kingdom that existed here. I thought the tiles of the roof made the place look much newer than it is, a bit like something out of a fairy tale. However, the oldest parts of the church date from the thirteenth century and much of it was heavily reconstructed a century later. The church seems to have strange opening hours, as it never seemed to be open when I was there! At one point, I got through one of the main doors only to be restricted entry into the main section of the church because of the glass doors! From what I saw, I didn’t seem to have missed much. Nonetheless, I thought the roof made this a very memorable church.
Africancrab says:
I love the church facade, tells a story from afar
Posted on: Nov 21, 2011