St. Louis Zoo

One Government Drive, Saint Louis, MO, USA

St. Louis Zoo Saint Louis Reviews

ahtibat17 ahtibat17
Go to the Zoo! Apr 16, 2013
Personally, I think the St. Louis Zoo is one of the best in the country. There are multiple 'zoo zones', such as Red Rocks (where Big Cat country is), Historic Hill (the primate, bird, and reptile houses), The Wild (where the penquins are -- LOVE their exhibit!) and my favorite: River's Edge (where the elephants are). The St. Louis Zoo is free (yes -- free!) admission, but there are extras that have fees that accompany them. The Zooline Railroad is $5/person; the Carousel $3/person, the Children's Zoo $4/person, the Sea Lion Show $4/person, and the seasonal Caribbean Cove (where the stingrays and sharks are, but I have yet to see this exhibit). Cost effective, though, is the Safari Pass, which is $10/person and includes admission to all the above. With that said, the zoo is still free, and there is so much to see and do as it is, that buying the extras are necessarily necessary, especially if you are on a budget.

The St. Louis Zoo is located within Forest Park; parking is $15 at the zoo, but I will sacrifice all the walking to park for free along the road outside the zoo (I enter at the North zoo entrance). Going to the zoo in St. Louis is one of my favorite things to do in the city and I highly recommend it!
some of the penguins
the giraffe; I think the one that …
the lions
aelder2259 aelder22…
Free to visit! May 13, 2013
If you can find street parking, getting into the zoo is free. But, if you have to park in their lots, it's $15 - which is still a great deal when you have several people with you or are a family with kids.

Buy a pass for $10 to save money on individual prizing of some of the attractions ($28/pp individually). This includes riding on the train to get to other areas of the park.

Weekends are more crowded, but week days while school is in can be just as crowded since many schools take the kids to the zoo for a field trip.
hegeriise hegeriise
Family and budget friendly Apr 10, 2011
As a student I lived a couple of hours away from St. Louis and on a student budget it was necessary to be careful about the amount of money you spent on fun activities. The St. Louis zoo is definitely a great attraction on a budget since entrance is free and you can also find free parking around the park.

I personally really like zoos because I get to see and learn about animals and their habitats. St. Louis Zoo is very learner friendly and it has such a great variety of animals and habitats. I love the elephants and the large cats myself.

It's also very family friendly. A must with kids is the little train that goes around the park. It costs a little to ride it, but it is well-worth it. You get a different view of everything riding the train and can even get a little bit closer to some of the animals.

My only caution if money is an issue is staying away from paid attractions, including food. That can get quite expensive fast. Also, it requires a fair amount of walking, and St. Louis summers are hot and humid so going earlier in the day is smart. Hitting the park mid-summer in the afternoon can be a bit harsh.
ceh23 ceh23
Good, Free entertainment Dec 22, 2009
I've started to go to Zoos in every city I visit and I'd say that the St. Louis Zoo was pretty good considering it was free. I noticed that the animals were pretty spaced out so it seemed like the zoo was bigger. While it seemed like it lacked some animals, it was still pretty cool because of some of the exibits. The Penguin exibit was awesome. you get to walk through an area where the penguins are so close you could probably touch them. I've never seen penguins so close! I also thought the Hippos were pretty cool. There is a little spot to the side of the main viewing area where the Hippos are really pretty close to you- I highly recommend trying to find that little spot.
kami_lynn kami_lynn
st louis zoo Sep 19, 2008
I've been here twice and enjoyed the second time just as much as the first. First of all, it's free and that is pretty hard to find these days. You can get a lot closer to animals at this zoo than most others. They have it set up so you don't have to be looking through glass to see everything. That is always nice for pictures. The penguin display is my favorite just because you could acutally touch them you are so close. However, just remember they are really good at drenching people in freezing cold fishy smelling water. :) Yeah, it happened to me when I was trying to get a close up picture. If you are looking for one particular display, you might have problems finding it because there aren't many signs that say which way is which. However, it is sort of like a maze and you'll see everything eventually and they have some really cool trails.
vances says:
Free? Wow, that's astonishing...thanks for the info!
Posted on: Sep 19, 2008
simplicity9999 simplici…
Jul 15, 2007
Since, my friend loves visiting Zoo's in different part of states we went to St. Louis Zoo. We were very surprised that admission to zoo was FREE. Although, an admission to Zoo is FREE, there are some attractions that require minimal fee (all under $5). Such are carousel rides, railroad train rides, sea lion show, and 3D Movie.

All day parking is available on the Zoo but it requires parking fee of $10. My friend and I, we did not utilize Zoo parking. Instead, we parked our rental car across the Zoo in which were free to public (spaces are limited so you are lucky if you happen to find a space).

What I liked about this zoo was cleanliness - a very well kept zoo. Oh yeah, a FREE ADMISSION.

If you are a kid or a big kid at heart (like my friend and, you'll enjoy visiting this ZOO.

All in all, it only cost us less than $10 (my friend had to have root beer