St. Lawrence Market

93 Front Street East, Toronto, Canada

St. Lawrence Market Toronto Reviews

sarahsan sarahsan
A must when in Toronto Mar 05, 2011
St Lawrence Market is a must place to visit if you are in Toronto. The market is located on 93 Front Street East in Old Town. Only a couple of blocks from Union Station. The building itself dates back to 1845 when it was the Toronto City Hall. There are two structures, the South Market, which has over 50 vendors selling prepared food, butchers, cheesemongers, bakers etc, and the North Market, which is used for a Saturday farmers market.

We visited the South Market where we started at the lower level. There you will find everything from fresh bread, homemade marmalade to gifts and souvenirs. The upper level offers mainly food; meat, seafood, bread, pasty, cheese, fresh fruit and vegetables. It is all so nicely presented. Very inviting indeed. Prices are a little bit higher than in the grocery shop, but worth every penny for the freshness. Most of the vendors offer samples. Don’t miss Carousel Bakery, Kozlik´s Mustard and Scheffler´s Delicatessen and Cheese for browsing and sampling Ontario and Quebec Cheeses.

St Lawrence Market is colourful and vibrant. It is not just a tourist attraction, but also a place where the locals come, mostly on Saturdays, to buy their food. Don´t miss it!

If you can´t find street parking, there is a park house just a block from St Lawrence Market.

Opening hours:

Tuesday-Thursday: 8 am-6 pm

Friday: 8 am-7 pm

Saturday: 5 am-5 pm
Boulangerie Stonemill Bread
A Bisket A Basket
Samples at A Bisket A Basket
HuBison says:
Free samples! Hooray. Great review....I may visit Toronto next year.
Posted on: Jun 24, 2012
sarahsan says:
You should! It's a fantastic place, and so much to eat/taste! Highly recommended!!!!
Posted on: Mar 10, 2011
Chokk says:
I will have to go there one day for sure :D
Posted on: Mar 09, 2011
roiab roiab
St. Lawrence Market Dec 18, 2010
St. Lawrence's is a great place to go to for shopping. Everything is here, from novelty items to basic commodities. For lunch, head on over to the top floor for the best sandwiches in town! It has a structure that dates back to the turn of the 20th century and has a rich history. Might be the liveliest spot in Toronto in my opinion, along with Eaton Centre and Distillery district. some interestings they sell here include maple syrup, artifacts, foods and the like.

*Special thanks to my sis and fellow TB Jolie for the pics.
me and my sis outside St. Lawrence…
HuBison says:
This place looks huge, I am wondering what type of yummy products I can bring back into the US without any problems.
Posted on: Jun 24, 2012

Related Travel Blogs About St. Lawrence Market

I rattled* through the very end of Ontario, through a time change and lots of other interesting things, like I passed through the Arctic watershed: North of here all rivers drain northwards into Huds…market place, a bit like Toronto's St Lawrence market or London's Covent Garden, it was filled with boutique…
Toronto Buskerfest
This weekend Toronto’s St. Lawrence market, which is downtown close to the theatre district, was home to the Toronto Buskerfest.For the full post click here:’s St. Lawrence market, which is downtown close to the theatre district, was home to the Toronto Buskerfest. For the full…
I've Arrived!
I’m starting my time in Aus in Cairns.  I'll do my diving here then head down the east coast eventually arriving in Brisbane to see my friend Ange sometime before Christmas.  Cairns …St. Lawrence markets in Toronto.   But I digress!   I ask the receptionist for information on a great pie shop…

Check Toronto Hotel Deals