St Kilda

Melbourne, Australia

St Kilda Melbourne Reviews

kat_mac27 kat_mac27
Discover it! Jan 23, 2011
This was one of my favourite areas in Melbourne! The beach is not fantastic (but I say this as a West Australian and we a notorious beach snobs) however everything else is! Acland street is a vibrant little coffee strip with all sorts of fashion, food and curiosity shops that lured even my anti-shopping companion into browsing! Reccommended: Acland Cake shop, Urban Attitude, Vibe, Readings book shop (see reviews). Of course the other wonderful attraction is Luna Park and the Palais. Both beautiful and worth seeing even if you don't feel like a rollercoaster ride or a show.
kellyyyz kellyyyz
Luna Park Mar 27, 2011
For those who enjoy photography (or in my case, extremely amateur photography)......

I'd recommend taking transit out of downtown Melbourne and heading south to the waterfront neighbourhood called St. Kilda. Similar to 'Luna Park' in Sydney, there is another 'Luna Park' located at the beach in St. Kilda. It has the same carnival/amusement park concept like the one at the Sydney Harbour ...but with a much cooler-looking clown!!! Luna park has a lot of that 'Coney Island'-style charm or perhaps the elements of those old fairgrounds on the seaside of England. Luna park was closed when I was there (March 2010). I can't remember the reason why it was closed, but the closure created a bit of a ghostly atmosphere since nothing was moving around and the sun cast a lot of eerie shadows around the park's perimeter and on the creepy clown face! My Luna Park photos were some of my favourite pics of my month-long tour of Oz.
jendara jendara
St. Kilda Dec 06, 2010
Writing a few lines of the featured destinations of TB, like me, and today this place is Melbourne in Australia, and I want write a few lines on a walk near from this city, that you can do as it only has to take a tram to St. Kilda.

St. Kilda is a bay that lies to the south of the city of Melbourne and is the location for the beaches of this city, unfortunately when I was the first time was very cold and the second did not have much time to enjoy the beach.

But the walk through the main street with his shops and restaurants in this place is very nice, so I think that is a mandatory site visit when traveling to Melbourne.

In Spanish:

El escribir unas líneas de los destinos destacados de TB, me esta gustando, y hoy que toca Melbourne en Australia, escribo unas líneas sobre un paseo cercano que se puede hacer, ya que solo se tiene que tomar un tranvía que lo lleve a St. Kilda.

St. Kilda es una bahía que queda al sur de la ciudad de Melbourne y es el lugar de las playas de esta ciudad, lastimosamente cuando fui la primera vez estaba muy frio y la segunda no tenia mucho tiempo como para disfrutar de la playa, no obstante el pasear por su calle principal y por las tiendas y restaurantes de este lugar, es muy lindo, por lo que creo que es un lugar obligatorio para visitar cuando se viaje a Melbourne.
St.Kilda
St.Kilda 1
St.Kilda 2
St.Kilda 3

Related Travel Blogs About St Kilda

New home!
Arrived in melbourne at lunch time and we found a flat within an hour and moved in!!! Our new pad is in St Kilda overlooking the sea and we have made several trips up the pier already to see the litt…melbourne at lunch time and we found a flat within an hour and moved in!!! Our new pad is in St Kilda
and you thought turning in jersey was complicated
The giant clown entrance to Luna Park puts you back to an earlier hit-by-the-depression Asbury Park-like time. It's an oddly frightening way to welcome you to an amusement park. It's a small park, wi…St. Kilda; Melbourne's seaside town with a thin strip of sand, salt water baths, and cafe lined sidewalks, just…
Melbourne & St Kilda tour
Today I started off with breakfast and then spent a half hour trying to find a chemist.  What a nice cold I woke up with yesterday, and it just got to my head this morning.  That finally we… Today I started off with breakfast and then spent a half hour trying to find a chemist.   What a…

Check Melbourne Hotel Deals