St. Judes Lodge

Check Galway Hotel Deals

St. Judes Lodge Galway Reviews

hanleyscot hanleysc…
Nice Galway Hotel Close to Everything May 27, 2016
This is another hotel that I did not write about in my journal other than that we stayed there one night.

There was nothing particularly remarkable about it. But there was also nothing wrong with it. It was clean. It served its purpose. We really didn't spend that much time at the hotel itself. It was really just a place for us to crash for the night.

There did not seem to be a lot of parking available but luckily we did find a space. In order to write this review I had to look the hotel up on Trip Advisor to find the address. Looking at the pictures on that website leads me to believe that they've done a little remodeling. It looks more updated than I remember. But it also appears to have dorm style rooms. I'm assuming that mostly students stay there so that might be why the parking spaces were empty.

Shortly after checking in we set out on foot to have dinner. Everything seemed to be in walking distance. Nice town but nothing seemed terribly exciting. I think we were both tired from a long day, though, so it was another early night for us.

I wouldn't say that the room was large but it wasn't too small either. The beds were comfortable. Everything was clean. There was a common area on the first floor with a TV. They had a breakfast area, also. We looked at them but did not actually use either of them.

Not really a whole lot to say about it. It's fine. Reasonably priced. Clean. But...meh.
hanleyscot says:
Haha..May. I almost feel bad. There really wasn't anything wrong the place. But they were definitely not aiming for character.
Posted on: May 28, 2016
cotton_foam says:
I like the last word -- "meh" :)
Posted on: May 28, 2016