St. James's Park

London, England

St. James's Park London Reviews

kajabgd kajabgd
beautiful lake in St James park Apr 13, 2011
That park is one of the most beautiful in London,near the Buckingham palace,with cute lake,very rare sorts of trees,amazing view on London eye.

My absolute recommendation to escape for a moment from extremely noisy London streets.
sarahelaine sarahela…
St James's Park Dec 02, 2010
St James’s Park lies between Whitehall and Buckingham Palace, and is a lovely

green space for a walk if you are on the tourist trail. Perhaps best known for

its interesting collection of somewhat cold looking exotic lake birds, there are

a number of cafes and it is a good place for a picnic.

A little old lady scared me as a small child by telling me the pelicans eat

ducklings. This may or may not be true, but I suspect these days they

discourage you from feeding the larger birds. There are pelicans, swans, lots

of types of geese, lots of kinds of ducks, coots, moorhens, and random

unrecognisable birds. The park is very pretty indeed, and more central than

Regent's Park or Hyde Park.

The main attraction of the park, other than the scope to tell your children that

the pelicans are fierce attack birds (please don’t tell other people’s children

this – it will upset the parents!), is the stunning view of the historic

buildings at either end. There are lovely views of Buckingham Palace, and

Whitehall at the other side. This is a great place for a walk or a picnic

between sightseeing, and well worth a short diversion.
Evil attack pelicans!
mzunguang mzunguang
Jul 04, 2007
One of those quintessential experiences is sitting in st james park on a green and white striped comfy lawn chair (preferrably already funded by someone else or the chair boy didn't get around to you to require $ to sit down..although i am sure that those chair boys need the money...), enjoy the fact that the sun is shining, and savor a double magnum from the ice cream/coffee stand on the edge of the park. perfect!
1morespicy says:
This is my favourite park in London.
Posted on: Oct 19, 2007

Related Travel Blogs About St. James's Park

Travel blog so far
January 03 2007     Oliver. You’re late! Carl barked at me. We had scheduled a meeting to run through the current situation on the recruitment sales pipeline.  I checked my watch…st ��" 2 nd February 2007   Manchester to Limpopo in South Africa   So the Inevitable last minute rush / debacle that was me leaving Victoria terrace came and went…
Green Park, St. James', National Portrait Gallery
Nikki and Greg and I are trying to cross things off our "Things one is supposed to do and see in London" list as the calendar pages are slipping away. Partially cloudy day, but it was still nic…London" list as the calendar pages are slipping away. Partially cloudy day, but it was still nice to be outside. St. James' Park
Westminster
Today the girlfriend and I went to Westminster. We wanted to see Buckingham Palace. We took the Central Line to Bond Street. There we changed on the Jubelee line to Green Park. We walked through Gr…London Eye. We walked through St. James Park and there were loads of squirrels around (see the pictures). lnstead of going…

Check London Hotel Deals