St James Power Station

St James Power Station - Live band performing latin and salsa music

St James Power Station Singapore Reviews

FoxyFauz FoxyFauz
Singapore's best party venue (overrated more likely!!) Dec 27, 2011
This building located near Sentosa & Vivocity (shopping mall) was previously a powerstation turned into a clubbing scene. It was voted Singapore's Best Party Venue for Year 2009 and 2010. I have to wonder who are the voters? I think the votes came mainly from Dragonfly regulars lol!!

It houses 11 dance club/ bars:-

1.Movida (latin dance club)

2.Powerhouse (R&B Hip Hop dance club)

3.The Boiler Room (Pop/ R&B/ Rock club)

4.Bellini Room (Jazz club)

5.St James Wine Bar & Bistro (outdoor)

6.The New Paper Sports Bar (outdoor for watching soccer matches)

7.Gallery Bar (indoor bar at 2nd floor)

8. Dragonfly (Big Chinese dance club)

9. Mono (a karaoke lounge- I have to wonder whatever for?)

10. The Lobby Bar (just a bar area connecting the areas between the other bars)

11. Peppermint park (outdoor bar)

My personal favourite and the only reason I would travel all the way here is for Movida. Its quite hard to find a latin dance club in Singapore. There is also live performance by a Paraguayan band - there have been here for years! I also prefer the crowd here, international crowd with mainly adults.

The cover charge differs on whether its weekdays/ weekends. The cover charge entitles you to 1 drink. U get a stamp on your arm and you can enter all the other clubs without having to pay another cover charge!

After dancing my heart out at the dance floor, I can just go out and chill at the sofas in front of the club or seat on the swings at the Wine & Bistro Bar!

The Boiler Room has a live act as well (filipino band) and Powerhouse has a DJ to spin the beats but the crowd here tend to be very young. I think students get in free or something.

The place to avoid for me would be Dragonfly (unless you are Chinese). I entered and regretted, I was the only non-Chinese in the entire club!! And the sh*t waiters refuse to serve me when I tried to get a drink at the bar!

I would recommend this if you are coming in a big group & everyone has a different preference (so you can split up to diff club) and as an alternative experince to Clarke Quay.
moreno1968 moreno19…
Aug 17, 2007
If you love to dance and enjoy a nice night out, this is the place. I really enjoyed it. One of the bar called Movida, for all Latin music lover, you can samba and salsa all night long.

This place is packed over weekend. Better to come early if not a queue will be very long. Extra information for airline crew or staff, you may enter free on weekdays by showing your airline ID but not on Friday or Saturday. The entrance fees are about 12USD per person. Apart from this bar, at the same place they have a few more other bars that play different kind of genre of music. You can choose what ever you fancy. I bet that your night will be full with smile.

Look at this site http://e-clubbing.com/Reviews-req-showcontent-id-67.html , enjoy!
The entrance
Live band performing latin and sal…
People are dancing all night long
Outside of St James Power Station

Related Travel Blogs About St James Power Station

Travel blog so far
January 03 2007     Oliver. You’re late! Carl barked at me. We had scheduled a meeting to run through the current situation on the recruitment sales pipeline.  I checked my watch…powering urge to pull over at the side of the road on Saturday night on the way back from dinner to investigate this party going on in this disused stadium…
Dan, Ben and Steves tour of South East Asia 2002
Wednesday 3rd April 2002 After 10 uncomfortable hours on lufthansa’s finest 747 we landed at Hong Kong’s Chek lap kok airport at about 7am, unfortunately we’d had seats in the middle row so di…James Bond’ entry as our dives were filmed today by a girl called Ruth, we can buy copies if we want. All in safely we looked down and couldn…

Check Singapore Hotel Deals