St Giles Hotel London

Check London Hotel Deals

St Giles Hotel London Reviews

Bojasem Bojasem
Central London but poor service Jun 18, 2016
It is huge hotel with great location less than 5 minute walk walk from Tottenham und Court Underground,Covent Garden and the British Museum are within a 11 minutes walk,close to oxford street.

good thing

1-Indoor pool .

2-Good tv you can see European cup.

3- wonderful concierge.

4-easy check in & check out

5- safety box.

6-Machine in your floor to buy water or choclate or etc.

7-close to supermaret & cafes.

bad thing

1-i suffer in bath hot water stops after 2-3 minutes.

2-I suffer from noise outside from cars & people speak loudly.

3-No free Wifi .

4-The room was small and the badroom even smaller not like description in booking.com.

5-The elevators are slow and often full so expect some delays and allow time if you need to get out in a hurry.

6-Bad manger it told him my booking is Deluxe Double Room buthowever give me Single Room also refuse litsen to my complain about noise & hot water.

7-Air conditioning.

8- old rooms.

100% i will not come again, i advice you avoid this hotel.
in the room
bed
window
tv , keyboard & room door
Bojasem says:
there was hot water but it stop when you take shower. i stayed in budget hotel ( 1 stars ) in paddington London
better than that hotel.

thanks for your opinion.
Posted on: Jun 19, 2016
Zagnut66 says:
No hot water and poor service? Not good!
Posted on: Jun 19, 2016
greg71 greg71
Central London Budget hotel Jun 29, 2014
This a great hotel if you don't need to spend a lot of time in the room. It's centrally located, just off from Oxford St and close to the Tottenham Court Road tube station.

The street noise can be quite noisy, so request a room on a higher floor if you can.

The single rooms are quite small but they are clean and comfortable.

The "Breakfast To Go" is an optional extra you pay for some bookings but this is just a basic pastry and coffee so not worth paying extra money for. You can get a much better breakfast at one of the many coffee shops in the neighbourhood.

It's safe to walk this neighbourhood and very close for shopping and major attractions such as the British Museum, Camden markets, and London Zoo. The tube allows you to get everywhere else in and around London.
tejah1 tejah1
Very very busy Apr 30, 2012
Hotel too big, to little elevators for that many people. Breakfast serving for that many people is impossible for them.

We went somewhere else, because there was a queue of 100 people waiting for a table.

The room was small and the badroom even smaller.

There was that irritating blue light very annoying on the outside of the hotel, they turned it of at 12 o'clock in the night.

Location is good very close to Oxford street.

Staff was nice.
tiny bathroom
small room, cannot open the window…
HuBison says:
Thanks for the review. I won't stay here if I ever end up in London.
Posted on: May 26, 2012
alyssarn2011 alyssarn…
Great location for tourist! May 23, 2011
I stayed here when I was in London with a school trip, and absolutely loved it! I thought the rooms were nice, there was enough room for four of us in a room, and the rooms and bathrooms were cleaned well. We were there for Easter, and the staff was happy to help us in making plans to celebrate. It is close to many tourist attractions, including Covent Gardens and Oxford Street.
dougal dougal
May 22, 2007
Perhaps it's because my company pays for my accommodation when I go away on business that I look for a bit of luxury. Then again if I was paying one hundred pounds a night out of my own pocket to stay here then I don't think I'd be too happy then either.

St Giles has a decent location – just off Tottenham Court Road and round the corner from Soho. If you're staying here then make the most of the location because I wouldn't want to spend too much time in the hotel itself.

Reception

Don't you just love it when you check in at a hotel and once you’ve given your name and reservation the receptionist stands and silently taps at a computer keyboard for about half an hour? What exactly are they doing? What are they typing? Are they sending each other emails? Well if you like that sort of service then you'll be making a good start here.

Room

Admittedly I only required a single room but I have to say I have cupboards bigger than this. One single bed, a small desk and a tiny wardrobe are crammed in with a tiny shower and toilet cubicle squeezed in, in the corner. Had I brought my own cat along I wouldn't have been doing much swinging.

Wake up call

Setting your call couldn't be easier – you just follow the instructions on your info channel on the TV. Except that the instructions are wrong and therefore very confusing. "Enter 10 followed by your room number to access your call settings – eg if you are in room 319 enter 10328" Erm what?

Toilet

The slowest filling cistern in the world and an inability to flush whilst it's filling. Highly useful.

Breakfast

This is a bit like a school canteen complete with collecting your food on a tray. There's no table settings, everything is Formica and so on.

Didn’t like this place much all told.
dougal says:
Higton my man - you are so right.
Posted on: Jun 07, 2007
Higton says:
You don't like London anyway, it isn't Sheffield
Posted on: Jun 06, 2007
dougal says:
Le Mid? I only really stay in London for work purposes so never pay for it myself. Not that I get down there that often :o(
Posted on: Jun 02, 2007

• Wheel Chair Access
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Massage
  • Solarium
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower