St. George, Grenada

Saint George's, Grenada

St. George, Grenada Saint George's Reviews

PhinsAndGills PhinsAnd…
Waterfalls, Rum, and Spices Galore Jan 23, 2008
By far, Grenada is my favorite cruise ship port city to date. I simply can't quite put into words how much I now love this little island. When life in ol' NW Ohio gets a little rough, I dream of selling all I have and becoming a spice farmer in Grenada. Our guide was extremely down to earth (as are we) so we hit it off immediately. I just wish more than anything his card hadn't gotten ruined so I could give you more contact info. When striking up a conversation with a few ladies about how they use spices in their cooking, they were more than happy to share recipes, tips, and even invite me back so we could cook meals for each other. I didn't want my day to end. I would go back to Grenada in a heartbeat.

1. FRIENDLY people willing to help and share the history and culture of their island.

2. AMAZING sights. Hiking to the Seven Sisters waterfalls and spending time swimming in the natural pools changed my life.

3. STRONG rum. *hic* The strongest I've had in the Carribean. I didn't think ANYTHING would top Jamaica's JB Trelawny blend (overproof) but this sure did.

4. YUMMY spices packaged in a variety of ways for gifts or personal consumption.

5. REASONABLE prices. Taxi rides were reasonable as were the spices.

1. Extremely touristy shopping plaza right outside cruise ship port with very typical tacky Caribbean stuff.

2. Cruise ship port is not walking distance to much of anything. Taxi is needed to see the best of this town.

3. Morning after drinking strong rum mentioned above.
oldschoolbill says:
Very glad you had more pros than cons!!
Posted on: Dec 02, 2008