St Christopher's Village

St Christopher's Village Rates and Deals

St Christopher's Village London Reviews

allyy0op allyy0op
Social Hostel for Lone Backpackers Jan 09, 2009
This is a great hostel in a great location! It's ideal for college backpackers that are looking to meet people from all over the world. There is a Belushi's bar that has Strongbow, Foster's, Beck's, and Amstel on tap. Every night the hostel organizes something free to do: Karaoke night, Comedy Night, Pub Crawls, 80's night (there is a club downstairs), live music, and more! You can go on walking tours every morning at 11am or pub crawls every evening. There are plenty of safe places to store your belongings - it's best to bring a master lock so that you can get the cages. The only bad thing about this place is the weird stale beer smell in the foyer....but that just means the hostel had a great time from the night before! There is also free wi-fi in the chill lounge (best to bring laptop) and there is a movie theater as well - although the screen can be fuzzy at times. If you forgot your worries! You can get one from the vending machine for 70P in the lobby. One of my most memorable nights was playing inebriated twister in the chill lounge with random strangers that eventually became great adventure buddies!
St. Christopher's Village off Boro…
HCSmooth66 HCSmooth…
Nice place near London Bridge Sep 03, 2009
St. Christopher's Village was my first ever experience in a hostel and I came away with a pretty good first impression of hosteling. I stayed 2 nights in a 4-bed room. I didn't spend much time in the room while awake because that would've been foolish. Both nights I stayed here I got back around 11 pm after attending a show in the West End and then wandering around afterwards. I was very surprised to get back and see people already asleep in the room when i got back the first night, but it didn't bother me. I guess my expectation was that people in a hostel would be up all night and sleep all day.

The rooms all had lockers for storage and a number of shower facilities on each floor. The community bathrooms were separated by the sexes and were a bit small. The toilet seemed to struggle to flush at times and you just had to be persistent until it snapped into form.

My laptop seemed completely incapable of detecting the wireless network in the hostel, which was a bit of a pain, but I didn't head to London to sit on my computer all day and night anyway. The common areas were nice and spacious with a room designated for quieter activities. Belushi's Bar is attached to the hostel so there's a good place to grab a meal at a relatively cheap cost or a beer or any number of activities.

Towels, soap, laundry detergent, and various other essentials that you may have forgetten or might need as you move along in your journey were for sale at the reception desk and that proves to be a very useful service.

Overall I enjoyed my stay at St. Christopher's, and if I were planning on spending more time there than I did I would've really settled in well and had a great time. I only really used it as a cheap hotel for 2 nights.
travelteachr travelte…
Jun 24, 2004
This is located on Borough High Street, just down the road from the London Bridge. The closest Underground stop is about a 5 minute walk, but the place was very nice, clean and met some great people there. The staff was very helpful for a first time traveler, and even called me a cab at 3:45am when I needed to get to the train station. The check in time in not until the afternoon, but they do have lockers you can rent and must havea key to get back where they have lockers, not just anyone can get there. They have a restaurant and a pub in the facilities as well as a game room/tv room/ and internet access. I would def stay there again.
jderagisch says:
ill be staying here in a couple weeks...hope it works out! last place i stayed in london was crap!
Posted on: Oct 06, 2008
OurWorldTrip says:
I stayed at the Sheperds Bush one too and it was very nice. The pub is brilliant, had a great time there. I don't know how many of those hostels are in London but they're definitely a good place to stay.
Posted on: Oct 05, 2006
Eric says:
I stayed at the St. Christopher's at Shepherd's Bush, not a bad place either. Guess they are all over london
Posted on: Oct 04, 2006