St. Christopher's Inn, Gare du Nord

Check Paris Hotel Deals

St. Christopher's Inn, Gare du Nord Paris Reviews

mikeym mikeym
Lively atmosphere Jan 22, 2015
I think it's safe to assume that we all know Europe is expensive, specifically Paris. For those that didn't, well now you know ;) I chose this hostel because of it's proximity to the train station Gare du Nord. It's located in the 10th arrondissement which may look incredibly far from the 'touristy' sights of the city but I will tell you this, everything is walkable obviously for those of you that are in reasonably good health. People will say the area isn't the most desirable compared to other arrondissements but I felt generally safe walking by myself at night. A bit of common sense will do you just fine I believe :)

St. Christopher's can be reasonably priced (for Paris) or it can be expensive by hostel standards, it's your decision to make. I opted for a private room just because I wanted to spread out a little bit and have my own space. Sometimes it's nice to be alone when on the road. That being said, the private rooms are much more expensive. In my opinion, the value wasn't completely worth it but I would still recommend this place to others.

The hostel is extremely large, multiple floors with elevator access secured by keycard entries at all doors. Belushi's bar/lounge fills the center of the building and provides some really good food, drinks and live entertainment which is a great place to meet fellow travelers. Free wifi throughout, free breakfast buffet, 24-hour reception (extremely friendly and helpful I might add) and provide any travel accessories you may need during your stay at a cost of course.

My review is based solely on the private room so I can not tell you about how the dorms are. The private is somewhat spacious. Earplugs should be used if you're a light sleeper as most nights tend to have live music downstairs. The bathroom, clean yet incredibly small especially the shower. I'm not a big guy and I even had problems maneuvering inside this tube-like structure. Soap, shampoo and

toothpaste was provided.
Apurva_N Apurva_N
New, clean, well-located place with a great bar Nov 05, 2013
St. Christopher's Inn has branches in several European cities, including two in Paris itself, and most get pretty good ratings by travellers. This relatively new one in the Gare du Nord area of Paris lived up to its reputation too and, being new, was in really good condition - very clean, with plenty of amenities, a great bar-restaurant downstairs, and a huge turnover of travelers. I now usually stay in private rooms in budget hotels instead of dorms, and staying in a private room in a hostel gives you the best of both worlds - you have your own privacy and room, yet you can meet other travellers and avail of hostel amenities which, I've seen, often offer more than hotels. So that's what I did here. They have a wide range of options too, from privates to dorms that are four-bedded, six-bedded, and so on. The best part is the location - near Gare du Nord station - which means that if you plan to travel around Europe a bit, this place offers very convenient access to the train station for booking tickets, catching trains, etc.
The restaurant-bar
Vikram says:
I've stayed in the one in Edinburgh and loved the atmo. I love that most of them have bars downstairs which facilitates a lot of guest mingling.
Posted on: Feb 15, 2014