St Christopher's Inn, Edinburgh

St Christopher's Inn, Edinburgh Rates and Deals

St Christopher's Inn, Edinburgh Reviews

rob_g rob_g
Ive been around and this is one of my favorites! Jan 25, 2010
I ve been traveling a while now and ive learned to look for a st christophers if there is one in the city the balushis's bar inside is always a blast. The one in Edinburgh was great the location is awesome the price was right and the people were even better. I met a great mix of international travelers and scotland residents to make the stay fun. I spent a my birthday which happened to be australia day with hundreds of my newest and closest aussie buddies. It eas safe and fun and isnt that what we ware all looking for in a hostel!
melissak melissak
May 22, 2007
Because we had such a good time at the St. Christophers in Bath we booked this one as well. It wasn't as good but it wasn't bad either. Our room was ridiculously tiny though. There were 6 beds cramped into a tiny room, luckily there was only 4 of us in there though. The rooms had tiny ensuite bathrooms which was nice. The common room was pretty big and had a lot of books and things and a TV but there was noone in it when we were there. There was internet access as well. There are 2 bars downstairs which are both good. One of them was actually playing the NHL playoffs which was awesome! One of the nights there was a big trivia game with prizes that was a lot of fun. The staff were really nice here too. The location is really good, right in between the Royal Mile and the Princes street area. We could walk everywhere. Also, it is literally right across the street from the train station.
one of the bars
lovely_lori88 lovely_l…
May 21, 2007
This was an OK hostel. Like it was a really good hostel and all but I donno it was no St. Christophers Bath. The rooms were all very clean and we had an ensuite bathroom with our own shower so that was pretty sweet. There was no lift though and a TON of stairs so that sucked. Right out the door of the train station so its great for location and its right below the royal mile so you can walk pretty much everywhere. There is 2 bars where you can get food and drinks and I think you get a discount for being at the hostel but I can't remember. Had a realluy large chill out room but nobody was ever really in it lol.
St. Christophers
Chill out room
All the stairs
This is what you can buy from the …
Vikram Vikram
Dec 07, 2005
I stayed here for a grand total of 4 nights back in August and the service did not disappoint.

It's got lots of plus things going for it - excellent excellent location. I've heard of the phrase "located in the heart of town" being used tons of times before, this one literally IS. A hop, skip and jump away and you've got Royal Mile not to mention all the fancy pubs in between that you need a couple of nights at the very least if you're into pub crawling. Next, you have Princess Street and the Waverley Station which are around 5 - 10 minutes walk away. I could see Princess Street from my room window infact. You would think Edinburgh being such a busy city to begin with, and this one being so centrally located, you'd be subject to noise all day and night and not be able to get a rest. Wrong indeed! The rooms are very quiet, you'd think you were up in the Highlands!

The rooms are very clean. Most are 4-6 rooms for a decent price. Rooms come in colourful bedsheets and bunker beds, abundance of power points and individual lockers for each bed. Each room has a security access card only you and your roommates are given. Most rooms have ensuite bathroom and toilet, another BIG plus. Convenient email in the 1st floor lounge, and both pub and rstnt on the ground floor (Belushi's).

So why 4 and not 5 stars? 2 reasons - they don't have a reception as such. Most of the hostel accomodations, checkins and 'outs are done in Belushi's Bar. So that means you're walking into a bar with backpack in tow, standing amongst drunks to get your accomodation. Besides, it takes a while as the 'receptionist' also happens to be the bartender, and the server for that matter! Another reason is the narrow staircase and corridors. God save you if you have a heavy backpack and your room is on the 3rd floor!

Having said all this, I'll wholeheartedly NOT only recommend this place but will stay in this next time I'm in Edinburgh.

Oh, another advantage - it's right across the Tattoo office so in case you're in town and you didn't buy your Military Tattoo tickets earlier, it's a lot easier to keep checking it every now and again!
scarr scarr
Feb 10, 2005
St. Christopher's Inn was one of the best hostels I stayed at in Europe. The staff was great, there are two pubs attached to the hostel, and it is right downtown in the middle of the old town and new town areas. The rooms were okay, they were clean and safe, but the showers could've been a little better. You have to press the water button every time you want to wash off and then it shuts off. It takes a little getting used to. There is also great karaoke and a nice communal room.
bretaye says:
I stayed at this hostel. Had a great time. The kid on the bunk underneath me though tossed and turned all night and so I was a bit sea sick. Nice place though.
Posted on: Jun 20, 2007

Related Travel Blogs About St Christopher's Inn, Edinburgh

We went to Ullswaters, where I took the most picturesque scenery photos throughout the whole trip. After Ullswater, we went Hadrain's Wall. Unless you know what you are looking, the ruins probably lo…Edinburgh. We arrived at approx 3pm. After checking in at St Christophers inn, I went off for a bus tour…
Haggis and Hostels
I stayed in Edinburgh for only 2 nights but had the most awesome time ever. Those 2 nights marked many firsts, among them the first time I stayed in a hostel, the first time I ate haggis, and th…Edinburgh. I stayed at a place called St. Christopher´s Inn, a hostel located right above Belushi´s Bar and super…

Check St Christopher's Inn, Rates and Deals