St Christopher's Bauhaus Hostel

Check Brugge Hotel Deals

St Christopher's Bauhaus Hostel Brugge Reviews

killustrations killustr…
Bauhaus in Brugge Jun 10, 2012
The Bauhaus in Brugge is great! It's a bit far from the city centre, but then Brugge is a tiny place so it's actually not that far of a walk, and it's so beautiful there that I actually enjoyed walking a bit further to get places. There's a bus stop right next to the Bauhaus, and everyone that I met in Brugge knew where it was so it was easy to ask for directions.

The only thing that I didn't like was the fact that the stairs were so confusing. I had to ask a janitor to show me the way to my room, and some of the girls in the same room as me told me that it took them 20 minutes to find the room. The stairs go up and down and it's not very well labeled. But after you get to your room the first time, it's fine after that.

The showers are separate from the toilet but then there was no sink in the toilet room, just hand sanitizer.
j_k_a j_k_a
Friendly and cheap :) Apr 10, 2011
What a great place!! The staff are really friendly and helpful, the rooms are clean and comfortable with all the amenities on hand i.e shower, toilets, laundry, internet etc. The bar downstairs was fantastic with a really chilled out atmosphere. Breakfast in the morning was an added bonus that we didn't expect in a hostel and really set us up well for the day. I would most definitely recommend this place 100%
lovely_lori88 lovely_l…
May 25, 2007
Melissa and I really liked staying at the St. Christophers. This was our 3rd one we stayed at on our trip. It was a little far away from the main train station but we just had to take 1 bus and then walk about 5 minutes so it wasn't that bad. Was a pretty good location I'd say, not too far away from town and stores, as well just down the street was a nice park. Downstairs there is a bar where check in is located. As well you can order food (the food was good too!) and in the morning this is where they have their free breakfast. They also have a happy hour for people who are staying at the hostel and you get beers for 1 euro. They also have a place where you can do your laundy and where there is internet (and there is quite a few computers so that was good). You can also rent a bike from here as well. Our room was an 8 bed dorm split in 2 with 4 beds on each side. Each side had their own sink and mirror where you can brush your teeth or put on makeup etc. Beds were comfy and there was clean sheets. There was no lockers to lock up important stuff but the people seemed pretty nice and luckily none of our stuff got stolen. The rooms all had key cards so it was harder for people to break into rooms which was good. The bathrooms were clean and had hot water for the shower so I definately approve of them haha. All in all this was a pretty good place and I would definately recommend staying here if you go to Brugge.
melissak melissak
May 25, 2007
As you can see, we were a fan of the St. Christophers. This was a pretty good one. It's in the group of hostels known as 'Europe's Famous Hostels', so we figured it must be good. We had an 8 bed dorm, but it was sort of split in 2..a wall separated 4 beds. There was 2 mirrors and 2 sinks in the rooms, which was nice. The bathrooms were down the hall, the showers were hot so can't complain there. We had a lot of fun at the bar downstairs where we spent 2 nights. Its a pretty good place to meet people I'd say. The food is good too and they have lots of different kinds of beer. It had a good location, not too far from anything I'd say. Overall pretty good place to stay.
casmulls casmulls
May 16, 2007
I love this hostel so much. It was very very clean and had the best beds i've slept in at a hostel. it had a great bar to hang out in and an excellent breakfast. the shower and toilet were ok but they were atleast clean. you can go on the roof to smoke and its really cute. i was there during the off-season so it was really quiet but i hear this place gets packed during the summer and is lots of fun in the bar. Very cheap too since brugge is a small town.

Check Brugge Hotel Deals