St Binderup Kro

St Binderup Kro Rates and Deals

St Binderup Kro Aars Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Far, far away from everything Sep 20, 2011
It had been a long time since I had been out driving on the countryside in Jutland, but I had a meeting with a vendor far away from my office but back in an area of Denmark that I had come to know and like quite a lot some years back when I lived with a girlfriend from this region of Denmark.

As a Copenhagener this area was known as a place where the crows are turning as we say. I had heard that this place was quite close to the city that I had to be in the following day but quite close means 9 kilometer away and there is absolutely nothing else nearby but fields and cows, but luckily there was also a restaurant, where I could have my dinner.

I parked my car in front of the main building of the large inn and I entered the reception that also served as an entrance for the restaurant. I waited for a short while before the receptionist was there; I got my key at the same time as a couple entered the restaurant. I therefore could not help smiling of being back in this region and the way that they address you here. The man asked the waitress if she had a good steak; she replied very fast that she had so many that she was also selling them.

I took the car and drove to the buildings some 100-meter from the main house. I was given room number 28 and I was able to park just in from of the entrance. The room was not impressive at all; there was nothing wrong with but I don’t think that much has changed since the 80s. When I entered there was a small room where I could leave my suitcase and a small closet. There was also access to the bathroom and this was kept in some colors that had not been popular since the 1980s as well; I could not help laughing at the green toilet and sink.

The main room had a good size but it was a bit dull. There was a large bed but it was two single beds together which is quite common in Denmark but quite annoying. The bed was as such okay. It on of the corners you had a small table and two low leather chairs. There was a small desk and the possibility to buy Wi-Fi access in the reception for 35 dkr or 5 euro. There was a small TV in the corner that only had 7 channels where of 3 were Danish, 2 were German and the 2 last ones were English speaking (Eurosport and CNN).

The hotels restaurant was quite okay but not a gourmet restaurant as they state themselves. They served an okay lobster bisque and a nice fish main dish that was a bit too salty to my taste but the chef might be in love. There is an old saying that if the food is too salt then the chef is in love.
St. Binderup Inn
My entrance
My room
My bed

St Binderup Kro Overview

The inns nice and well-equipped rooms are situated in a separate building in the garden; all rooms have bath and toilet. Mini bar and satellite TV with a film channel. In the inn there is a cosy room with dart and billard table. Table tennis and air hockey. The inn is a natural starting point for excursions to for example the forest Rold Skov and the Limfjord. The privately owned wood Skatskoven is situated right beside the inn with public admission. The inn has maps of the walking routes in the wood. Good possibilities of angling. The present main building of the inn dates from 1871 and was originally both an inn and a bakery and a grocery store. The history of the inn goes as far back as 1617 and it was royally licensed by King Frederik the 5th in 1749. The thatched charm and authentic atmosphere are preserved in spite of the fact that the inn has undergone large-scale renovations and extensions. Thus all rooms are situated in a separate building in the garden. The kitchen serves Danish food when it is best and the cosy restaurant is situated in the old charming main building. The menu card comprises both a traditional inn stew and a good steak and onions. The Sunday menu naturally consists of clear soup with meatballs and roast veal with cream sauce. For dessert a homemade ice cream. The inn also serves a 5-couse gourmet menu where the focus is on high quality and good ingredients. Moreover the inn offers a 3-course regional menu combined with a sample of the inns own spicy schnapps. You can also enjoy a schnapps stay; the inn is namely a member of the Schnapps Route - which offers round trips in the Limfjord land - where you can taste the good local types of schnapps made from the regions many herbs. The inns party and meetings premises with room for up to 150 persons are cosy and functional and the inn has all kinds of modern AV equipment.

St Binderup Kro Amenities

• Water Activities
  • Fishing
  • Hiking
  • Facsimile
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Luggage Storage