St. Athans Hotel

St. Athans Hotel Rates and Deals

St. Athans Hotel London Reviews

dzhao1988 dzhao1988
basic and comfortable hotel Jun 12, 2011
the location was great, it was within walking distance to King's Cross, which can get you anything you want to go, the service was great and the staff were polite, the room was small but comfortable, the bathroom was kept clean at all times, although there aren't any elevators in the hotel, if you take it slow, it wasn't bad and the full english breakfast they offered was amazing, it would have normally cost you 5 or 6 pounds to have it.
Glynnes Glynnes
Clean and Basic Bed & Breakfast Sep 19, 2010
St. Athans Hotel (www.stathanshotel.com)is located at 20 Tavistock Place in London, WC1H. St. Athans is a clean and basic bed and breakfast hotel located in the Russell Square section of London. I paid £72 for a double ensuite (with a shower and toilet) room with a daily full English breakfast and got upgraded to a triple (one double bed and one twin bed) room. So I had lots of space to dance around. Room 14 (one flight up) that I was assigned was VERY basic (no telephone or clock radio) so I depended on my iPhone as my daily alarm clock to wake me up. I had read the reviews on several other web sites and because the hotel has not elevator, I requested a room on the first floor to avoid me lugging my luggage up several floors.

Value: I believe the hotel is a great value for travelers on a budget.

Location: Excellent! Near the Russell Square tube stop. The Russell Square neighborhood has many great restaurants and coffee shops. The hotel is within walking distance to Euston and Kings Cross St. Pancras (EuroStar) Stations, along with the British Museum and the British Library. The Tesco grocery store near the Russell Square tube stop was great for water and snacks.

Cleanliness: The room was serviced daily.

Amenities: The television in the room worked, but no alarm clock or telephone in the room. Free Wi-Fi and use of a computer with internet access in the sitting area worked. The daily full English breakfast that included cereal, juice, eggs, ham, bacon, sausage, beans, tomatoes and toast should not be missed and it’s included with the price of the room. There was no key for guests to get into the main door of the hotel, so I had to ring a door buzzer every time I wanted to get into the hotel.

Bed: The bed in Room 14 was not that comfortable and it had not support, so every morning I woke up with back aches. The sheets however were clean and crisp.

Bathroom and shower area is extremely small. There is literally now space to move around. You can use the commode, brush your teeth and take a shower all standing in the same location -- no joke.

The service staff is friendly and helpful. The staff that serves breakfast was quick and efficient.
St. Athans
St. Athans Street sign
Entrance to St. Athans
Entrance way
Glynnes says:
Also, check out George's Portobello Fish Bar at
329 Portobello Road in Notting Hill (Portobello Market) for fish and chips.
Enjoy!!!
Posted on: Aug 19, 2012
Glynnes says:
Thanks for taking the time to read my St. Athans' Hotel review. I was looking to keep my travel costs low for this trip, so I selected a B&B and spent very little time in the hotel room. Try AirBnB.com for London Rooms.
Posted on: Aug 19, 2012
Jacky7 says:
are all london hotels that are low price so small??
i heard travellodge or ibis is a good chain motel any suggestions, i would like a comfortable and clean room with decent space not a closet lol.

like the motels here in usa like comfort inn or holiday inn
Posted on: Aug 18, 2012

St. Athans Hotel Overview

The St. Athans Hotel is located in London making it one of the best hotels to stay at while in town. The St. Athans Hotel boasts a convenient location with modern amenities in every guestroom and superb service. Room amenities include hair dryer, ironing board, television, microwave. This London accommodation contains all of the facilities and conveniences you would expect from a hotel in its class. The hotel provides a warm and welcoming service of international standard. For your reservation at the St. Athans Hotel, simply submit your dates and complete our secure online booking form.

St. Athans Hotel Amenities