Sri Maha Mariamman Temple

163 Jalan Tun H S Lee, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Sri Maha Mariamman Temple Kuala Lumpur Reviews

Airportman Airportm…
Beautiful & colourful decorated Hindu Temple Jun 01, 2011
I had read about this hindu temple in the travel guide and when I saw a picture of it, I really wanted to visit this one. The picture looked very promising with all the colours and when Karena and I arrived at the temple, the promise was kept.

What a stunning piece of architecture and craftsmanship to look at all the colourful statues on the Gopuram (tower) and the outside roofs of the temple.

We had to remove our shoes before entering the temple and we could store it in small plastic bags, which were put in a cabinet in room next to the temple for 0,20 MYR/RM (around 0,05 eurocent or 0,06 US dollarcent) per pair.

We could have chosen to leave our shoes outside the temple on the street, like some other shoes I noticed, but it was advised in the travel guide not to do it, with the risk of the shoes getting taken.

We entered the temple through the door in the Gopuram and stood immediately face to face with the Main Temple Building. We walked around it, seeing all kinds of colourful statues some representing the Hindu deities. In the Main Temple Building, we saw 4 shrines, as well as 2 female statues.

On several other buildings of the temples are mosaic tiles of colourful scenes of more Hinu deities. And more & more statues.

The entry to the temple is free, the only costs are the above mentioned costs for shoe storage. The temple itself may not be a big one, but it's definitely worth to take a look at it and I'm pretty sure a lot of people will stay longer then expect to admire the sheer beauty of the place.
Gopuram (tower)
Colourful statues
Colourful tiles
The Main Temple Building
Airportman says:
The airport is about 45 minutes to 1 hour by car. It will be tight, but I think you can make it with your visit to the Petronas Towers
Posted on: May 09, 2012