Sri Lak View Holiday Inn

Check Haputale Hotel Deals

Sri Lak View Holiday Inn Haputale Reviews

gingerbatik gingerba…
Sri Lak View Holiday Inn May 28, 2013
I called earlier before I arrived in this place to make sure I get a nice room with a view. When I arrived there, it appears the place is almost deserted as I was the only guest there and I can choose the room I want. Unfortunately the next day they have a group booking from the tour group and the hotel would fill up and the room I choose that day, can stay for one night only and I have to move to another room.

After considering this, I thought I better find another room so I don’t have to move the next day to avoid unpack and pack my stuff and I want to explore the area the next day. So I choose the room at their new building next to the old building. The room is spacious with one double bed and one single bed with large windows. The bed itself is very comfortable and provide with warm blankets which keep me warm at night time as Haputale is quite cool even at day time and the city is located a mile above the sea. I don’t need air condition at this place and I even wear my winter jumper.

The bathroom is large and sparkling clean and I still smell the fresh paint. The hot water is working well and water pressure was good fortunately. Otherwise I will be freezing if no hot water since the area is pretty cold in the early morning and night. There are several chairs, table and sofa outside the room to enjoy the Mountain View and birds singing. Unfortunately no cupboard inside the room, only one night stand next to the bed, and one small dresser further next to the bathroom.

Most of my meals were taken at this hotel. Taste was good and quantity was plentiful and price very reasonable. At one occasion, I did not order my meal up front and at that time the tour group was there and I have to wait for ages for the meal to come up. Other than that, when I was the only guest there, the meals come up quickly and the staff also comes to chat with me, from the cook to the waiter and even the manager of the hotel.

The hotel located a short walk off the main street a bit down the hill on a side street and close to the bus station but a bit further away from the train station. There are market and shops around the bus station where I can buy water (which is cheaper than buy from the hotel) and also fruits, some snacks and samosa.

The hotel can arrange three wheelers or taxi to go sightseeing around the areas with very reasonable price. I enjoy staying at this place especially outside at the balcony facing the mountain view reading a book and also feeding bananas to the birds and it was very quite in this hotel.
hotel sign outside the gate
the old building
reception
the building
tj1777 tj1777
Sri Lak View Holiday Inn Sep 06, 2011
The Sri Lak View is located on one of the hillsides in Haputale. The best thing about the place is definitely the view from the dining room and some of the rooms in the hotel. If the weather is clear you can see for miles down the valley below the hotel. The Sri Lak View is located just one or two minutes walk off the main street a bit down the hill on a side street. Hence there is no traffic noise at the hotel and you are still only a short walk away from the bus station or a little bit further away from the train station.

Some of the rooms have an amazing view of the valley below (including mine) others are located away from the valley and hence have no view. I am not sure if I paid extra for the view or not but in any case the price for the rooms seemed reasonable. There is a restaurant at the hotel which will serve you meals and you can preorder your dinner so you won’t have to wait for it at night. Unlike some other places in Sri Lanka they actually don’t mind making you dinner on demand if you haven’t booked it in advance. If you are going to the nearby Horton Plains National Park they can find you a reliable taxi or tuktuk to take you there in the morning. They can also make you an early breakfast to bring along for Horton Plains if you preorder it the day before.

The rooms are all equipped with comfortable beds and they got some nice and warm blankets which will help you keep warm at night. Haputale is located at almost a mile above the sea so even though Sri Lanka is generally tropical up here it do get pretty cold at night - for the same reason there are no air-con in any of the rooms - you don’t need up here. So it was quite fortunate the hot water in the shower was actually hot any time of day you would like to go for a shower. They also had some sort of solar powered lights in the room - but for some reason it seemed like it was only one of the lights in the rooms which ran on solar power - I didn’t quite get how it worked because it seemed like there was also light after sunset.

My room got a television which was brand new and had never ever been used - I am sure of this because the plug on the television didn’t fit into the plug on the wall in my room. Hence I didn’t spend my night in my room watching the telly. If you can’t live without watching television during your stay you can actually watch the common television in the dining room - the most popular channel for the locals seemed to be the cricket channel - seriously they got a channel only showing cricket in Sri Lanka.

The hotel got a small garden in front of the rooms - you can sit in the garden and enjoy the views of the valley. It didn’t look like there was a lot of guest when I visited but they where enlarging the hotel so they would have several more rooms in the future - fortunately the work didn’t make a lot of noise so I didn’t notice much during my stay.
My room
sylviandavid says:
Micky, Great review! Sounds like such a great place! sylvia
Johnpro says:
Very nice review !
The view is great and looks quiet as your review ,
But where you discover this hotel ? Looks like a hotel for the special forces up to the mountains :)
And remembers me a Greek orthodox monastery :)
Sads79 Sads79
Great views! Feb 04, 2010
I found this place through my travel buddy Mark. He was planning to go there, so I followed! A good choice. The staff are very friendly and helpful and we bagged a twin room for LKR1,200 (Jan 2010). It had a nice clean bathroom with hot water. No internet or wi-fi.

The food served is average, but edible. There aren't many options in Haputale, unfortunately!
sylviandavid says: