Sri Gethuk Waterfall

Yogyakarta, Indonesia

Sri Gethuk Waterfall Yogyakarta Reviews

justthewayim justthew…
New Friends, New Places Sep 16, 2012
Few weeks ago i meet a friend in from a site, she lives about 1.5hours from my town. Both of us like to travelling, so we decide to go to a place that we want n never been there before. This waterfall located in a region, still in Yogyakarta (my town), but mostly karst area, hard to find water in dry season. So the question is, how can they have waterfall? Yeah.. it’s magic.. there are 3 springs in a karst hill, then the water fall into river..

Ok, in Friday morning, my friend, Lia, come to Yogyakarta. We meet for the first time then directly go to Gunung Kidul Region. I riding her motorbike, automatic one. Why choose automatic? Because it would be hard trek include hill, forest n karst.. take more than an hour to reach the waterfall, i know the area but never been here before. We must pay 10,000 IDR for 2 people, include parking cost. From parking area, we walking down..and yeah..i can see the river. There are 2 ways, walking in rice field or by a small boat. We choose the boat because we can see th beautiful river. Payed 10,000 IDR each people for 2 ways..go and back.

I already seen some picture of this place, but im still excited, very beautiful! We take some picture with the waterfall. Then i decide to swim, i bring some clothes to exchange, but Lia forget to bring. The point is, i cannot swim!! Lol don’t worry, they have floats there, we must pay 5,000 IDR for each float. Im lucky cos there is a local guy who help me in the river.. I also climb a side of the river and jump into the river, about 4-5 meters. But before jump, omg!! Im scared.. when i saw the river, i feels like more than 10 meters :D Then Lia back to the parking area for buy some clothes, yeah.. she can’t hold it, she also want to swim.

One more, i got new friends there, a nice couple.. We swim, laugh, and take picture together. Then we take a rest for a while because of hungry. But unfortunately the woman who sell foods doesn’t have any rice anymore.. so we just eat instant cup noodles and some fried snack. After full, the couple changes clothes and go to anothes place. But me n Lia want to swim again, we won’t go home :D

But we still have one more places to come, just 1 kilometer from the waterfall. So we changes clothes n waiting for the boat, don’t forget to keep ur ticket, cos the guard will ask to show it. The next place is a cave, better if we come here first before the waterfall, bcos it’s one way, we must go back. The cave is big, there is a big n old tree inside. But we cannot caving, no place to go inside, so it’s just a circle. We will meet a guy who will explain n offering to take some pic. He is very welcome, but Lia said that the pictures which taken by the guy is blur, so sad.. He also asked to give a tips, so we give him 10,000 IDR.

Then we go home, Lia’s home is far away from here.. Im glad to meet her, i hope can go to another place with her again someday.

Check Yogyakarta Hotel Deals