Spyhouse Coffeehouse and Gallery

spyhousecoffeeshop.com - (612) 871-3177

Spyhouse Coffeehouse and Gallery Minneapolis Reviews

ecnb ecnb
Old standby, hip coffeehouse Sep 15, 2009
Spyhouse is quirky, comfy, and is frequented by a nice cross-section of Uptown-type regulars. A favorite place of young hipsters (MCAD is just down the way), it's a fairly central, easily accessible meeting place. It has a wide range of seating options (couches, booths, small tables, bar, window bar, patio), which fit a wide variety of moods and functions. A handicap ramp and handicap-friendly bathrooms are a departure from many of the coffee shops in the Uptown area, which often have many steps to their entrances. The eclectic, retro wall displays can be considered either a draw or a detriment, depending on your personal aesthetic preferences (I think it's kind of ugly, but comfortingly familiar). The baristas aren't usually chatty, but are typically laid-back.

I haven't been to the new Hennepin location, preferring to stick with the original. Their sister business, The Bad Waitress, has a similar vibe, but I'm not as partial to it.
alyssa_ob says:
I just wrote a review on The Bad Waitress. I liked the restaurant, but I haven't been here.
Posted on: Feb 25, 2011