Rosenstrasse 9, Munich, Germany

Spockmeier Munich Reviews

spocklogic spocklog…
Bavarian Basics at Spockmeier Dec 11, 2010
I found this restaurant wandering one night in Munich looking for something that was 'Basic Bavarian' cuisine. This place hits the spot for that. The waitresses seem a bit formal, almost grumpy at first, but they warm up if you're friendly and of good spirit. The decor in this place has high and low tables to suit your pleasure with a bar area in the center. The decor is just right for atmosphere and the chalk board menus on the walls give a nice artistic touch to featured items on the menu. They have English menus too, but you have to ask. I went with the potato soup, weisswurst and a weizen beer. The meal was great and just what I was looking for - very satisfying! I ordered an additional weizen beer after the meal just to sit and enjoy the surroundings, but the waitress chastised me in a good humored way for leaving one weisswurst sausage in the bowl. There are some other items on the menu to try for sure, including things you won't see elsewhere on the tourist trail, if you are that daring. Give Spockmeier a try - It has all the basic Bavarian authenticity for an enjoyable experience. A short and sweet review here from me - and besides, is has the name of Spock and you can't argue with the logic in such a name for choosing it to try! When in Munich, listen to your inner Spock!

I made this review a long time ago, but there was no attention payed to it back then. I uploaded a new set of photos (since the photo format is larger now) and also enhanced the new photo set. Thought I would leave the old photos here too as a record of old TB vs Current TB sizes and also to show what can be done with photo enhancement too in better ways, mainly in de-shadowing some of the photos. The old photo set begins where the new one ends with the same photo image.
Spockmeier (Rosenstrasse 9)
Let's see what's here
Outside Menu
Inside view I
vulindlela says:
I was out of town and missed your feature.....so congrats!
Posted on: Jun 12, 2013
missandrea81 says:
Brian, congrats on the feature. :)
Posted on: Jun 06, 2013
halilee says:
Congrats on your featured review! :D
Posted on: Jun 06, 2013