Splash Tapas Bar

Shop 2, Cronulla, Australia

Splash Tapas Bar Cronulla Reviews

AussieMel82 AussieMe…
Great value Jul 21, 2014
My friends and I went to Splash Tapas Bar after it was recommended by my friend's collegue. We booked a table for four and it was a good idea as it was quite busy. The restaurant is in the center of Cronulla, down by the beach and close to parking.

Half of the seating is outside (as was our table) which was disappointing as I was looking forward to a lovely evening in a warm cosy wine bar. We had an outdoor gas heater near us but it's quite windy and cold down by Cronulla Beach so I still needed to keep my jacket on to stay warm.

You can choose from individual tapas plates or the set menus. Plates range from $5 for a salad to $14 for lamb cutlets. The menu is quite extensive and the tapas are not limited to Spanish cuisine. We chose the $35 set menu starting with Crostini with Olive tapenade. The food was all quite nice, the panfried Haloumi was especially delicious and the Scallops were the nicest i've had in a very long time. Chicken and Lamb skewers were tender and juicy, not dry.

The only let down with the food was our calamari which seemed to have too much spice and salt. The staff kindly offered to make us some more which was much much better. They apologised and thanked us for the feedback.

We also ordered a jug of some cocktail which was $30. Between four of us was $7.50 but with just one small short glass it wasn't good value. Three of us then had a bottle of wine which was pretty standard price at $32.

Not a bad evening. Would have been so much nicer with that warm, cosy ambiance I was looking forward to.

Check Cronulla Hotel Deals