Splash Cafe Pismo Beach

1491 Monterey St. , Pismo Beach, CA, USA

Splash Cafe Pismo Beach Reviews

saltycoco saltycoco
Splash Cafe Pismo Beach Jun 11, 2011
Splash Cafe in Pismo Beach by the pier/beach area is a small restaurant with various items mostly seafood but also non-seafood menu for the folks who can't stand seafood. Items range from deep friend seafood, deli sandwiches, burgers, and the famous bread bowl clam chowder for which most people come in to order.

The line which stretched just outside the door wasn't too bad early in the morning, but by lunchtime the line was wrapping around the restaurant. Like I said, the restaurant is small, so there is limited seating as well which is first come first serve. No waiters or waitresses here to sit you down and take your orders. You place your order up front, and they call your name when ready.

I decided to order their bread bowl clam chowder and some onion rings. I'm now convinced as of this time this is the best bread bowl clam chowder I've ever had. They toasted the cutout and applied what tasted like garlic butter. Comparing this to the one I ate in San Francisco's fisherman wharf, well that one was put to shame.
Heather1177 says:
Thank you for this review! I did a day trip just to try it out. I completely agree that they serve the best chowder.
Posted on: Feb 27, 2012