Spitsbergen Guesthouse

Longyearbyen, Svalbard

Spitsbergen Guesthouse Longyearbyen Reviews

IvanR IvanR
Aug 27, 2009
Bit far from Longyearbyen - but close enough to walk. Very cheap comparing to other options, with excellent breakfast and nice people.
hauteboy hauteboy
Good budget place for Svalbard May 20, 2008
The Spitsbergen Guesthouse is located in old miners barracks in the town of Nybyen, about a mile south of Longyearbyen. I had a very clean and nice dorm room with a shared bathroom, in late May I had the room to myself. The bus from the airport will drop off and pick up here. The reception is in a separate building. Free wifi and breakfast were included in the rate, the breakfast buffet had a good selection. They can pack up a boxed lunch for you as well.

It's a little inconvenient to the rest of town (~20 minute walk or so) so it would be good to have a bicycle or some other transport.

Related Travel Blogs About Spitsbergen Guesthouse

Svalbard, land of the Isbjörn
"Come, watch the tones of changing lightFrom starlit days to sun-filled nights.Refreshed from Polar Night's calm sleep,With gentle sunrays, time I keep!"So reads the 24-hour sundial in Longyearbyen, …Longyearbyen, SAS 4414, Economy Hotel: Spitsbergen Guesthouse, 330NOK ($64) I woke up early this morning at the Anker Hostel around…
Longyearbyen, Svalbard
  “Where are you off to for holiday? Spitsbergen was my reply and in return I received one of the following comments: “Huh, where on earth is this place?” “What!! Yo…Longyearbyen. Our accommodation was in Spitsbergen Guesthouse located right at the end of town and when we asked the driver…
Spitsbergen Guesthouse Map