Spisestedet Mosen v/Jeanette Kit Jakobsen

Spisestedet Mosen v/Jeanette Kit Jakobsen - Interior

Spisestedet Mosen v/Jeanette Kit Jakobsen Vallensbak Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Then things went wrong May 02, 2014
The location is great and you feel that you are far from the busy suburbs when you follow the path to the lake where Spisestedet Mosen is having the best view. The interior is cozy and it is like being brought back in time with inspiration from the French brasserie culture and a mix of the traditional Danish summerhouse feel. The menu looks nice and they have a fair amount of good wines so things looked good on the cloudless and sunny evening.

We arrived a bit late compared to Danish standards, we were in there around 8.30 pm but the kitchen was still open. The waiter informed us, that they were out of some of the ingridiences so some of the dishes were not available. I ordered a traditional Danish Stjerneskud (plaice), which usually is a sure thing and my friend wanted another traditional Danish dish Stegt flæsk, (fried pork with parsley sauce). My friend’s wife is a vegetarian and they were out of their only vegetarian dish. She asked if they could make a dish with some pasta and vegetables as they already had some pasta dishes on the menu but were out of Gorgonzola. After checking with the kitchen the waiter came back and said it was possible.

My dish was fair if I was on the friendly side, the pieces of plaice were small and the shrimps were cold as they were just removed from a jar in the fridge, and so were the champignons. My friend was satisfied with his fried pork but when he wanted to ad the salt, the whole jar emptied over his food, as the lid was not closed properly – he didn’t complain about he just removed the salt from his food. My friend’s wife just looked at her plate and was in disbelief, as it was plain pasta with some steamed veggies on it. There was no sauce and it was badly presented and it didn’t look like something that you would serve in a restaurant. She had to ask for some sauce to make it somewhat eatable.

The wine was good and so was their dessert, but when we reached 9:30 pm, we started to hear yawns from both the kitchen and the waiter even though they did not close before 10 pm, so it was a clear signal to us about leaving. It will be the last time I will set my feet in that establishment.
The stunning location
Interior
My plaice
My banana split
Chokk says:
I totally agree
Posted on: May 11, 2014
vances says:
Such a shame...sounds like it could be a great place with the location.

:^(
Posted on: May 10, 2014

Compare Ishoj Hotel Rates (3.8km away)

Vallensbak Map