Spirit Airlines

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.spirit.com - (800) 772-7117
Spirit Airlines - Spirit Airlines.

Spirit Airlines Fort Lauderdale Reviews

NJTProadcruiser NJTProad…
It got me from Atlantic City, NJ to Chicago O'Hare May 18, 2011
Spirit Airlines is a discount air carrier offering low cost fares to a variety of cities in the United States, the Caribbean and South America.

I flew Spirit Airlines from Atlantic City, NJ (ACY) to Chicago O'Hare (ORD) in early May of 2011.

Checking in at both ACY and ORD airports took no longer than any other airline and the staff was professional.

I did not check in a bag, carry-on bags are subject to a fee, except if you carry-on a bag the size of an average backpack. Please refer to website for specific dimensions and fees.

The flight was aboard an Airbus A319 (narrow body) the interior of the aircraft was presentable. The flight crew was professional.

Food and beverage service was available for a fee.

The only thing that I did not like was on the way into ORD, the flight attendants were trying to get folks to sign up for credit cards. While that was OK, it was the fact that they collected the applications in flight which bothered me. Due to the risks of identity theft, this should be avoided and the applications should be mailed in or information submitted online.

Overall, I would fly with Spirit Airlines again. But I suggest to travelers to consider (and compare the totality of) the baggage fees before booking and the underlying fare before booking.
Spirit Airlines.
Spirit Airlines. A319 Narrow Body.
yadilitta yadilitta
Flying cheap to USA - Spirit Airlines Feb 05, 2009
We all now that flying is never cheap, so let's say better "less expensive" I don't know for how long Spirit Airlines are flying, but they opened the Peru-USA flight about 2 years ago. So far I traveled with them from Lima (Peru) - Fort Lauderdale (USA) & from Fort Lauderdale - Puerto Rico.

This is more a budget airline, so don't expect a great service, although the staff is helpful and kind. The tickets are cheap, but price will increase since they charge for baggage (except carry-on) and also for food.

I got some offers and sometimes couldn't believe how cheap the flights were. So if you are just going for a couple of days, why can't you just take a carry on? Also, their distances are not long, so a few hours without amenities wouldn't harm you - you can also have your music and a book with you.

Well, so far the crew I met there were always helpful and friendly. Maybe because it's more informal / familiar. I usually fly to the States because of work with the big airlines, but if I'm looking for a budget flight, I'll do a research in Spirit's website. Be aware that the cities they fly into are not the biggest ones.

Related Travel Blogs About Spirit Airlines

My plans
 Thursday, September 4, 2008 (Lima)   ΓΌ      Depart Chicago in route to Lima Peru, journey of approx 16 hours o      &…Spirit Airlines' 409 Departs ORD Airport at 6:00am Arrives 10:30am in Fort Lauderdale Airbus A319 (319) Change planes…
Awe inspiring
That's about how I'd describe Medellin. Highlights so far:-Feeling a little guilty about ordering a double rum and Coke at 11:45am on the Spirit Airlines flight from Fort Lauderdale to Medellin; unti…Spirit Airlines flight from Fort Lauderdale to Medellin; until the Colombian businessman next to me ordered three glasses of wine…
Colombia here i come (talking about the country people the country called Colombia :)
IN AUGUST OF 2009 I WENT TO MEDELLIN AND THE ANTIOQUIA REGION OF COLOMBIA. HERE IS THE STORY :) It took forever to post this, kept updating little things and procrastinating... finall…spirit airlines. Then i was off to Fort Lauderdale, quick change of planes and Medellin here i come. On the plane…

Check Fort Lauderdale Hotel Deals